Chapter 17

<LIAM'S POV>

"Lissa," Her name just felt so good on my tongue, so right.

A dimpled smile grew on her freckled face, "Liam."

The blue in her shirt changed the color of her eyes, making them appear a clear, icy blue, rather than the usual pale gray.

Her face seemed very close to mine, and I couldn't help but to admit to myself that it made my heart hammer.

I could see every detail of her face now. Each pale eyelash, each small freckle, each tiny gold fleck in her eyes, each lock of bright red curls framing her face.

Her smile grew a tiny bit wider, and it made my heart beat a tiny bit faster.

The image of my old girlfriend popped into my head.

She had smiled a similar way.

But I pushed Danielle's picture out of my mind.

She and I were over, and it was time to start fresh, which I knew I had to do.

And Lissa... She just seemed so right, so perfect.

Her laugh, her smile, her sweet voice. Everything about her could just brighten up my day at any moment, and let me tell you how good that felt.

It felt amazing. Absolutely brilliant.

And yet, I hadn't ever told her how I felt, despite how much I wanted to tell her. I just could never bring myself to.

Her face seemed nearer now, and her eyelids seemed to droop closed very slowly.

My brain sped up, a million thoughts racing through my mind.

Lissa was about to kiss me.

I could barely function, and all at once, everything just happened.

My thoughts stopped, as if frozen in time, my body unfroze, and my heart rate slowed down, all as she pressed her soft pink lips against mine.

My palm slid into her hair, and then she pulled away.

The grin that spread across my face was instantaneous, and Lissa let out a small, relieved laugh.

"Liam," She said slowly.

"Lissa," I replied, poking each of her dimples with my index finger.

"Guess this clears up how I feel about you." She said, pale cheeks turning red.

"I would say the same for me." I replied surely.

Lissa's beautiful blue-gray eyes sparkled with delight, and I knew, just knew, that this, us, would be something good.

<HARRY'S POV>

Now or never, Harry. I thought. Tell her how you feel. She needs to know, and you need to get this off your chest.

My stomach churned at just the thought of telling her.

Sure, we were dating, but it was all fake. I swear, though, sometimes, I know there's something between us, and I can't just be imagining it.

Jade Reills was the girl for me. I just knew it.

It was everything about her.

Every single thing was so perfect, and beautiful, and graceful, I just couldn't believe I'd found a girl who I felt this right with.

But, every time we touched, I just got this feeling deep inside me, that just said, 'Tell her'.

And that was what I needed to do.

I needed to tell her that I was in total, complete, mad love with her.

I pulled out my phone.

"To: Kitty-Face <3

Can you come over, Kitty? Like, right now?"

My phone vibrated less than a minute later.

"From: Kitty-face <3

Sure, babe, I'll be there in 15"

I smiled. She was too cute.

The minutes passed by too fast. I knew this would be the day everything would change.

For the better, or for the worse?

No idea.

When I heard the key I'd given her slide into the slot, and heard the door open, my stomach flipped nervously.

Girls don't make me nervous... Ever. But this girl affected me like no other ever had.

"Harold!" She cried when she saw me, and threw her arms around my neck as if she hadn't just seen me the night before.

I wrapped my arms around her middle and pulled her close. She buried her head in the crook of my neck, and we just stayed that way for a few minutes.

"So, anything you wanted? You seemed pretty urgent when you texted me." She said as she pulled back from my neck.

"I did?"

"I can tell your emotions through your texts now, Haz. THAT'S how well I know you." She rolled her beautiful moss green eyes.

"Well, now that you ask... There is." I said.

There is absolutely no way out of this now, Harry. I thought, trying to slow down my thoughts.

"What is it?" She frowned, confused.

You still look beautiful, even when you frown, Jade.

I took a deep breath.

"Jade Reills?" I asked.

"Yes?"

"I mean this in the literal way, Jade." I started off.

"Damn it, Harry, just tell me! I'm curious!"

"Alright," I said.

"I love you, Jade. I love you more than I've ever loved anything in the whole world."

-------

IPOD UPDATE!!!

So, guys...

How crazy is this? There's only the epilogue left... This is the last official chapter of Love Me, Romeo.

I can't believe this. It's an absolutely brilliant feeling to be this close to finishing....

I love you guys.

Thank you for all your support. I adore you camels so much.

Lots of love, 

Lissy Horan