Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

JADE'S POV

And so, they went on a nickname spree. It ranged from Sweetheart, to Apple Pie, to Chicky, and finally landed to the one.

"Kitty!" Harry yelled.

Everyone fell silent, considering the nickname.

"I like it." Liam said.

"Me too!"

"I still vote on Apple Pie!" Niall grinned.

I laughed.

"KITTY?" Harry shouts with glee, his face lighting up like a little kid's.

"Kitty." the rest of the boys agreed.

Niall took out his iPhone, and snapped a picture of me, him, and Harry (we were all on the same couch) and started rapidly typing.

My phone buzzed, and I checked it, it said "New tweet from @Niall_Official"

I checked it, it was a picture with Harry's head in my lap, and he was giving a thumbs up. Niall, sitting next to me, was grinning widely.

"@YoItsJadey We have a new Kitty! Yes, capital K. She's our Kitty!"

I grinned at Niall.

The boys were so much fun. I already knew I loved them all hardcore.

"Let's go to the pool!" Zayn said.

"Um... Zayn?" I said.

"What?" He asked.

"It's kind of like 40 degrees outside. Kinda a bit cold, you know?" I said slowly.

(A/N: I'm going off of Fahrenheit, not Celsius. I'm American, so for anybody from other countries and maybe don't use Fahrenheit, it's just way too cold to swim)

"Liam has an indoor pool." Hazza told me.

"Only Liam?"

He nodded, his curls bouncing along with him.

"Why only Liam?" I said curiously.

"It's to make up for the lack of spoons." Liam said.

I smiled to myself. These boys were something special.

"Alright! Let's go swimming!" Niall cheered.

"One problem." Harry and Louis said together.

Aww! Larry!

I ship them. All the way.

"What's that problem?" Liam asked.

"She doesn't have a bathing suit." Harry said.

Right.

Aww. I could have swam with the boys. And seen Louis' butt.

God, that boy has the greatest ass to ever see Earth.

If you haven't seen it, go google it right now. Do it. I'm not kidding.

"Alright, Kitty," Niall said, standing up, "You and I are going shopping.

"What?"

"For a bathing suit." He replied.

"Okay." I shrugged.

Oh God. No two pieces. I'm really insecure about my appearance sometimes.

I notice all these little things about me. Like how my eyebrows are crooked, and my skin isn't perfect, and how awkward I feel wearing revealing clothes.

I scooted out from under Harry, and he groaned.

"It's okay, Haz. I'm here!" Louis said, hurrying to Harry.

Harry grinned, "Boo!" He welcomed Louis. I swear Harry is like an adorable cuddly puppy... Except that he likes cats... Which is why my new name is Kitty... Right.

I rolled my eyes.

More Larry Stylinson, though! They're so cute!

Like I said, I ship them.

-----

"Kitty!" Niall called across the bathing suit section at the store we went to.

"Yeah, babe?" I asked, walking over to him.

Babe kinda became his adopted name in my book. It started out as a joke in the car, but I loved it on this gorgeous, blond-haired, blue-eyed boy.

Niall held out a halter-top tribal-patterned bikini. It was definitely cute, and as one might notice from my phone case and gray cap, I love tribal things.

The thing is, I would love it if it wasn't a bikini.

"It's definitely cute, Niall. You know, I've noticed from the bathing suits you like, you have good taste! That kinda scares me, but I just don't..." My fingers fumbled with the halter part.

"Bikinis?" Niall asked, watching my fingers and studying me.

I suddenly felt very self-conscious, and blushed as I muttered a "Yeah."

"Well," Niall smiled warmly at me, "We're about to change that."

My eyes widened. "No."

"Yes." Niall's smile turned to that of Louis's if he was being mischievous.

"Niall James Horan! I will not wear that in front of anyone!" I hissed, pointing at it.

As you could probably tell, I was very self-conscious. And the last thing I needed was One Direction to see me in a bikini.

"Kitty." Niall warned, "Be quiet. If people find out I'm here, and a mob starts, I will leave without you if it comes to it."

"Ouch, babe." I chuckled, "That hurts."

Niall grinned at me, "It's okay. I'd come back in a week."

I snorted, "I'm so reassured."

"But come on, Kitty, at least try it on."

"No!" I said firmly.

"Please!" Niall met me with his piercing blue eyes. "For me?"

I stared at him for a long time. "Okay." I sighed.

We walked to the dressing room, he handed me the bikini, and then stood outside while I shut the door.

I stripped down and put it on.

It was so cute. If I would actually wear it in public, I would've boughten it.

The tribal was teal, orange, black, white, and purple. The bottom had little bows on either side.

"You done yet, Jade?" Niall's voice called through.

"Yeah." I squeaked out.

"Let me see." He said.

I placed my hand firmly on the door, eyes wide, "No."

"Why not, Kitty?" Niall sounded really sincere...

"Because it looks terrible. I knew it would, Niall. They always do. I shouldn't have ever put it on."

I was about to untie the halter, when Niall said, "Don't! Look, please let me see it!"

"Why do you want to see it so much, Niall?" I snapped in frustration. My temper was starting to get the best of me.

That was bad. My insecurity and temper never go well together. Hell, they don't go good by themselves!

"Calm down, Kitty. Please. Just, let me see. I'm Niall, remember? Irish boy from Mullingar who wants to listen. I'm listening. I want to see, too."

I shut my eyes tight, before I breathed out a "Fine." and my fingers moved the latch on the door.

Niall turned around and opened the door wider to see.

NIALL'S POV

No, I wasn't about to say Jade was perfect.

Because she isn't.

She is beautiful not just for her looks, but that there's something about her that makes the boys smile. Zayn told me about it when we hid under Lou's bed (scary place, by the way). He said he thought she reminded him of us when we had been on the X-Factor and just become a band.

Okay, I'm a guy.

Jade's a girl.

A pretty girl.

So I'm also not gonna lie and say she looked terrible in that bikini, because she didn't. She looked great, but terribly self-conscious.

You could see it in how her arms were crossed awkwardly against her chest, how her cheeks were burning red, and her eyes kept flitting around nervously.

Why was she so self-conscious?

She was pretty, and nice, and fun.

She wasn't totally overrated like movie girls who think they're ugly and are totally gorgeous.

Jade saw herself as an average person, or at least, when she's in normal clothes. Not too much, not too little. That's what's attractive. Not someone who knows they're pretty and flaunts it, or someone who thinks they're ugly and spends years trying to fix themselves.

"Jade," I said softly, "You look great."

Her cheeks flamed brighter, "No, I don't." she muttered.

"Yes, you do."

"Niall, don't lie to me. You know I look terrible!" She said insistently.

"No. Jade, listen to me. Look in the mirror," She did what I said, "And look at yourself. What do you see?"

"Me."

"Exactly. And you're beautiful. If you don't believe me, ask the boys when we buy it."

Her dark green eyes widened, "We're not buying it!"

"Yes we are." I said firmly, "Come on. Please. For me?" I said again.

Hey, it worked last time.

"Fine." She grumbled, obviously not happy with it.

"Yeah, buddy!" I cheered and kissed the cheek that had my name on it.

She blushed, "Get out, babe!"

"Alright." I grinned at her and shut the door behind me.

When she came back out in her long-sleeved red shirt, she yanked up the sleeves to show Zayn's name. I looked at the side of her face I hadn't written on. Harry's name was scrawled down it with a poorly drawn cat next to it.

I remembered Harry's head in her lap, and Liam saying that they almost kissed (even if it was a joke), and how Jade was playing with Harry's curly hair.

I played it cool at the time.

But I'll admit, I was kinda jealous. And I don't know why.

Maybe it's because Harry gets so much attention, and everyone falls in love with his cheek, curls, and his charm. And then everyone loves Lou's crazy acts and his butt, and Zayn's mysterious ways and his magical voice, and Liam with his smartness and responsibility.

I do read comments on stuff.

People say I don't belong in the band.

There was one comment, I remember, and it said, "Niall can't sing. That's why management wants him to stop singing. He's ugly too. He doesn't belong in 1D, because he sucks."

Frankly, I'm closest to Liam, and he caught me reading it, and how upset I was... And it wasn't a good night after that. Wasn't a good week. People telling me I don't belong... It sucks. It really brings me down.

"Niall?" Jade's voice brought me out of my thoughts.

"Mm?"

Her eyebrows crinkled, "You okay? You looked really distracted."

"I'm fine." I shook my head, giving her a smile.

"You know," She grabbed my hand, "I can listen, too."

I squeezed her hand back, "It's nothing," I assured her, "Besides, we have to get back so we can see Lou's butt."

Jade laughed.

"Babe, you know I'll listen, right?" She looked genuinely concerned.

My mouth pulled into a crooked smile, "Yeah. We should be getting back now."

I flicked my sunglasses back on and we rushed to pay, then to the car, where I turned on the radio.

"That's what makes you beautiful!" it cried out.

"Are you kidding me?" Jade said.

I laughed, and, just for good measure, I popped in our CD.

"What's your favorite song from us?" I asked her.

"Hm... Either I Want, One Thing (because all of you have a solo), or More Than This." She answered me.

I shrugged, "Okay."

I Want started playing.

"This song is insanely catchy. I spent a week singing it out loud, and it nearly drove my friend Lissa crazy!" She grinned.

"Zayn went around muttering it for a while, too. It was his favorite from us." I said.

"Then Zayn rocks." She said very seriously.

"Have you seen his cheekbones? We know that." I answered just as seriously.

She laughed. "That is true. Zayn does have very majestic cheekbones."

"What else is majestic about One Direction?" I wondered aloud as we drove.

"Well, for starters: Louis' butt, Liam's versatile hair, Harry's curls, and your eyes."

"Anything else?"

She smiled, "Lou's jawline, Harry's smile, Liam's facial hair, Zayn's nose, your laugh. Louis has nice eyelashes, too. I like your blondness, and Zayn's tall hairstyle." She said.

"Why thank you." I replied.

"For saying I love your blondness, laugh, and eyes? Not to mention you've got pretty dang amazing arms."

Oh, Sugarscape.

I laughed, "No, for saying Louis has long eyelashes. I appreciate it."

"Anytime, babe." She replied casually.

"Thanks, Kitty."

"By the way, I also like your smile. And the fact that you love food. And... When is Larry going to be official?"

Niall put on a confused face, "Aren't they already official?"

I considered that for a moment, "True." I said, nodding.

Niall began singing along to I Want, and I found myself wishing he'd had a solo in this song. His voice was truly amazing, why management couldn't see that defeated me.

Hopefully on the next album, now that the Up All Night tour is over, Niall and Louis would have more solos.

I ignored the bikini laying in a bag at my feet and listened to Niall's voice the rest of the ride back.

When we walked in, Louis ran over and hugged Niall, "Ph, darling, you made it back alright!"

I laughed at shirtless Louis. It appeared as if most of the boys were already in their swimming trunks.

Zayn walked out, smiled, said "Hey," and peeled off his gray tee.

"Jade, you can go change in the bathroom, it's right down the hall on the left side." Harry told me, ruffling his curls.

I glanced at Niall quickly and he caught my look.

"It's okay," He murmured to me, "Just imagine you're in regular clothes, okay? Tank top and shorts. That's it. Alright?"

I nodded, "Thanks," I whispered to him.

He nodded back to me and I walked off to the bathroom.

Slowly, and very reluctantly, I took off my clothes and put on the tribal bikini.

"It's okay. Like Niall said, you're in shorts and a tank top." I envisioned wearing my favorite ones.

I slicked back my hair into a ponytail, and walked out carrying my clothes and shoes in my hands.

"Lay 'em by the door." Harry told me, pointing to a small table close to the front door.

I was glad he wasn't staring at me, and, though it helped a bit, shorts and a tank top were definitely not what I was wearing.

The rest of the boys except Harry and Niall were already at Liam's flat.

Aww, Haz and Babe waited for me.

Oh, how I enjoy nicknames.

Harry linked his arm with mine, and Niall took the other side. We walked out and made our way to Liam's flat. Just outside of it, a pigeon was stepping around, and Louis, shirtless and in his swim trunks, was slowly approaching it.

When it spotted him, it flew away, and he sank to his knees and cried out, "Kevin! I thought we had something special!"

Harry's arm slipped from mine and he ran to Louis as Zayn did the same. They all embraced in a sort of man-hug and Niall and I burst out laughing.

I listened to his laugh for a moment. It was really cute, and I couldn't help but smile at him and link our arms tighter.

-----

HARRY'S POV

Liam and Zayn raced laps through the pool. It was hard to believe that before we shot the video for What Makes You beautiful, Zayn was afraid of water.

Louis cannon-balled in, and Niall followed shouting, "Irish sausages!"

Jade raised her eyebrows. "Irish sausages?" She asked chuckling.

"Nialler loves them." I explained.

"Ah."

I walked behind her and kicked my shoes off to the side, and while I was still behind her, I grinned raising my palms, and pushing her into the water.

She hit it with a splash, and when she came back up, she looked pissed.

I was doubled over laughing at her expression.

"Harry Edward Styles!" She threatened, climbing out.

The boys lined up, watching this, whispering to each other excitedly. They wanted a show.

She dripped water all over the ground next to the pool.

"Yes, Kitty?" I asked, smirking.

She smirked back at me, and slung an arm around my shoulder casually. What was this? I was thinking she would try to push me in.

"Well, get on with it!" Louis urged.

I stared at him, distracted, and Jade took that moment to tighten her grip, pulling me into a headlock as she jumped in the pool.

The second I resurfaced, she dunked my head and started messing up my hair, running her fingers through it to straighten it.

"No! Not the curls!" I yelled and she laughed.

"Okay, I'm done." She decided.

The rest of the boys stared, then Zayn yelled, "Vas happenin'?!" and splashed Louis.

"Oh, no you don't!" Liam yelled.

But, despite his fatherly protests, a splashing war had been conducted, and didn't end until Niall yelled, "Stop! Inbetweeners dance, GO!"

"Yay!" I said happily as me and the boys did one of our favorite dances.

Jade just stared at us.

"She's staring." Liam whispered loudly.

"It's okay, we'll distract her with a hug." Lou's whisper was even louder.

Niall, grinning, was the first to reach her, I was the second, then Louis, Zayn, and Liam.

JADE'S POV

I couldn't believe it. I had five, gorgeous, shirtless boys hugging me tightly.

And, to top it all off, they were One Direction.

I had One Direction hugging me.

I noticed the marker was slowly fading off my skin. Harry kissed my cheek, then Louis, and Zayn, then Liam.

Niall was last, and he pressed his lips against my cheek, giving me a long, sloppy, wet kiss, and then they all let go.

Niall bloody Horan just kissed me. And he was bloody shirtless while he bloody kissed me.

Have I died and gone to heaven?

-----

Can somebody PLEASE read this? I have a lot of fun writing it, how about you have fun reading it, eh?