Chapter 16

Kate.

Kate Joanna Ryders.

Blue eyes the precise color of the sky.

Blond hair like waves of caramel.

Tan skin that appeared to be kissed by the sun itself.

Pink bow-shapes lips that tasted like candy.

A voice so light and pure it sounded like an angel.

A smile so bright and happy it could light up an entire room.

All of these described her.

She was charming, beautiful, and smart.

But I just didn't feel right.

I had felt love before, and I just didn't feel right faking it with Kate. Why should I be doing this?

This was only ruining my chances of further meeting my princess.

I dialed her number on my iPhone.

"Hey, Niall!" She said.

"Can you... Come over?" I asked.

Time to get rid of the sick feeling I felt inside for lying to the whole world.

"Sure?" Kate's answer sounded more like a question, but I knew she'd come.

I'd thought long and hard about what Harry told me.

I came up with nothing.

I'd even asked Liam.

He said it was because Jade used to have a little crush on me, but it was gone.

That gave me no answer at all. Not to the overall question of how I supposedly hurt her.

So I asked Louis.

Louis said that the same thing as Liam.

Then I asked Zayn.

Finally, someone provided me with some sort of real answer!

He said that I started dating Kate when she had that crush on me, but before that, she told me about her crush. Then, I hit my head, didn't remember it, then said I'd date Kate.

Long story short; I hurt Jade because I chose a fake girlfriend over her.

But now, she was dating Harry, and each time I saw her, I could see the love in their eyes grow stronger.

Harry deserved the amazing girl Jade was, and Jade deserved the caring boy Harry was. They were just so compatible, I couldn't even understand how Jade ever had a crush on me.

I strolled upstairs to my bedroom to change my T-shirt. As I passed my dresser, I glanced at a framed photo.

Dust had collected over the glass, as I hadn't even looked at it or thought about it in months.

I picked up, and blew off the dust.

My eyes landed on the girl in the picture.

Curly brown hair that never seemed to straighten.

Green eyes so bright they always seemed to smile.

Cute little dimples I once couldn't resist.

I looked at her for a long time.

How long had it been since I'd spoken to her?

Two years. Two whole years.

I left the girl I loved, and we never spoke again. I ignored her calls, the times my family mentioned her and her beautiful eyes.