Chapter One

Long ago, in a world where magic danced in the air and legends were as common as the morning sun, four kids were extraordinary. Each possessed an extraordinary ability tied to the elements of nature: fire, earth, air, and water. One could conjure flames like nobody's business, another could move earth and stone with a flick of their wrist, the third could whip up storms that'd make a sailor tremble, and the last could calm even the wildest of waters with just a look.

Yet, their remarkable gifts became both a blessing and a curse as they attracted the attention of a shadowy group known as the hunters. These enigmatic figures sought to exploit the children's powers for their own dark purposes, setting a dangerous game of cat and mouse. Legends whispered conflicting tales of the children's fate. Some spoke of their capture by the hunters, who allegedly manipulated their minds and coerced them into serving as pawns until their dying breaths. Others painted a bleaker picture, suggesting the children met their end on a remote island, locked in a desperate struggle for survival against their relentless pursuers. This is the story of the four children and how they met their fate.

********

I run farther and farther, my legs aflame with exertion, vaulting over fallen trees while thorny branches graze my skin. I twist my head, stealing a glance behind me; the hunters gain closer, an ominous presence in pursuit. On my right, the air element sprints alongside me, matching my pace, his agile form a testament to his swiftness. And then there's the water element, surpassing us both with his lightning speed, yet his eyes meet mine, revealing a flicker of unease. On my other side, the fire element races ahead with a mischievous grin. She thrives on perilous situations, a trait she's possessed since we first crossed paths a year ago.

My heart thunders within my chest as I strive to push my limits, but my weary legs betray me. Still, I catch glimpses of the water element, his head repeatedly turning, stealing wary glances over his shoulder until he stumbles into a surging river.

"Hey, the hunter is closing in!" I cry out, my voice intertwining with my rapid footsteps as I steal another glance backward.

"Don't worry. I've got your back," the air element reassures, abruptly halting in his tracks and pivoting to face the encroaching hunters.

I come to a breathless halt, realizing no one is chasing me. The air element lifts both hands, his focus intense, eyes shut in concentration. The trees sway and dance to the unseen rhythm of the breeze he conjures, directing a gust of wind toward one of the hunters. The assailant hurtles backward, colliding with a sturdy tree before crumbling to the forest floor. Meanwhile, another hunter advances toward me, crossbow aimed directly at my trembling form, finger poised upon the trigger, ready to unleash its deadly payload.

With unwavering concentration, I extend my hands. The ground beneath the hunter trembles as it ascends swiftly, catching him off guard. He falters, stumbling backward, while the air element lends his aid, unleashing a powerful gust of wind that propels the assailant even farther away.

"Thank... you," I gasp, my voice strained and breathless.

"No problem," He replies, nodding his head in acknowledgment.

We meet at the riverbank, where the water element catches his breath, the adrenaline slowly ebbing away. However, before we can fully regroup, I spot another hunter making a beeline toward us.

"There's another hunter!" I exclaim, urgency lacing my words.

"I've got this, don't worry," The water element assures, closing his eyes and channeling his focus. The water beneath him ripples in response.