Chapter 34

"Are you alright," Finley asks, finally meeting up with the boys as we reach the wall that we snuck out of our hotel from.

"Fine, you got everything we needed right?"

He just nods in confirmation not daring to pull out the treasures from where he has hidden them. Grey helps us all get back into the hotel unscathed, and we rush to our rooms to gather on things for our immediate departure.

---

We're standing in line to check our bags all exhausted from our desperate escape. Good thing that I barely evaded hell "look" twins that of I'm a teenager that had to get up for an early flight look. The television screen above our heads flashing with breaking news: Break in at the Egyptian museum, dozens of guards left injured.

The screen fades to a reporter outside the museum despite the early hours.

"Can you tell us what happened during your shift this evening at the Cairo Museum?"

"Mere chaos," a guard cries out, eyes wide in horror, "We hear an explosion in the upper floor of the museum, and we all rush to see what the commotion is about. Next thing I know guards begin passing out cold, and I end up being pushed down the stairs."

"Do you have any clue what the thieves stole?"

"Not sure, our most valuable items are currently all safe and secured. Most of the treasures seem untouched. We still have yet to perform a complete inventory to know what exact artifacts are missing."

"Do you have any idea how the looters managed to break in and seize the guards."

"Magic," the guard says candidly. The reporter is clearly taken aback by his response. "it had to be magic. The raiders were chanting these spells, summoning fogs and flames and I--."

"Magic doesn't exist," the reporter replays politely trying to maintain her smile despite believing the guard has gone psycho.

"Next," the airport worker calls us forward leaving me to miss out on the rest of the report.

"Good thing magic doesn't exist," Grey whispers to me before I step forward to check my bag. I wonder where him and Finley hid the treasures. Did they risk leaving the artifacts in the duat for unwanted creatures to seek them out or did they hide them here in this realm. And if that's the case, how are they planning on getting them through security.

We head through security, and I am on edge after what happened only an hour or two ago. The minutes of waiting for our flight feels like eternity. I can't help but worry every time a security guard passes by us as though they have seen through our veil and have finally come to arrest us. Luckily, my exhaustion pulls me under after we take off. We are headed home – more so my newly acquainted home.