Chapter 4

After breaking myself over climbing the wall, I manage to straddle the window and finish pulling myself through. I sit on the cold tile floor for a second to catch my breath. Does this museum not have an alarm system and if so, they really should check on fixing it? I hear whispers down the hall. I pass old skeletons and ancient artifacts hanging from the wall and placed in the center of the hallways. I am not really a huge artist or history lover, but this would be a cute place to go on a date. Then again, I probably will never go on a date considering the fact that at any moment the police could come and arrest me for breaking and entering. Can't wait to message my friends back home. Great first week: made the basketball team, went to a rager, and ended up getting arrested for sneaking into a high-end museum. My mom is so going to kill me.

I follow the voices off into the distance and turn a corner where the sign reads "Egyptian Collection". I hide behind a statue watching the boys sitting in a circle around this huge stone. This huge slab with writing on it. The label reads in bold letters "the Rosetta stone". What the heck is going on I can't wait for my alarm to go off and then I can laugh about this in the morning. Wake up I tell my mind.

The boys are chanting some random words. What are they in a cult or something. I knew the British were whackos, they are constantly apologizing for everything and putting too much big banger sauce on their chips. Please help me. Anybody.

"Exalted art thou on thy throne, O Osiris! Thou hast heard fair things, O Osiris! Thy strength is vigorous" Finley leads them in some psychotic chant. The next thing I know Grey starts passing a knife around cutting a piece of their palms and pouring their blood into this golden chalice. So of course, I would do what any sane girl would do!

"What the hell are you all doing here?" I scream, they all look at me as I run across the tiled floor. They look up at me, eyes glowing lost in some hypnotizing trance.

Aiden passes the knife to Finley who begins to cut himself. I try to wrestle the knife from his hand which ends up cutting my own hand in the process. Ow, the blood flows steadily from the gnash in my palm. He drips his blood into the cup taking some of mine with his. That was definitely not a butter knife.

"We accept your manifest with power and peace. We accept your blessing, your blessing now in mind and heart" they continue in their trance. I begin to feel light-headed. Finley takes the chalice and pours the blood onto the stone as they finish reciting their cultish prayer. Oh goodness, I think I am going to faint when all of a sudden, an aura sets ablaze, flashes of red, blue, yellow, white, and black light radiate from the stone. Thunder roars and the luminescence continue to rage through the museum. The ground begins to shake. The tombs that were propped against the walls start rattling and the doors to the sarcophagus suddenly fly open. I am jolted backwards in response.

No. No, please don't. I really would prefer to not die tonight. This is what I get for following them. Can the police just come and arrest us now? Seriously? The one time I would rather be caught and go to jail nothing happens? Not that I've been in a situation that deserves me ending up in jail but that doesn't matter.

I think I would rather die. I just want to die. Tell my mother and Sammy I love them and to run away from these Britts as soon as they can.

I try to make sense of what is happening in the exhibit. As spirits fly out from the now open coffins and into the chilled air. I hear the whoosh of them sailing past me. Ghosts or spirits or what are they even called.

"I am Osiris, the God of the underworld" a voice deep and chilling comes from Finley's mouth. "Thank you for releasing us. Our power is your power"

"They released your brother along with you" a voice came from Olivier's mouth that was clearly not his.

"I know, I am here" another voice retorts. This time coming from Aiden.

"Not you Horus" Olivier asserts, not even attempting to hide his irritation, "I am speaking of your other brother. He has been set free this time too."

"This will be interesting then" Henri laughed deviously.

"hush Sobek" Olivier gave Henri a glare.

"Ra, no need to worry. When more people die, I'll be waiting in for them in the afterlife ready for their judgment" Grey smirks deviously. The darkness in his voice matching his facial expressions.

"Anubis, don't speak like that" Olivier cuts in.

Another voice seems to be clouding my mind. Let me in, it cries out to me. I try to push it out, but it's strength pounds my head. I have become fatigued, and I give up.

"As goddess of life" a voice not my own speaks gently like honey dripping down the comb "I think life's full of challenges. Life and death, light and darkness all so beautiful in their own ways. We'll find him." Get out my conscious barks within me against the spirit inside. Though I am unable to gain back control but instead forced to yield to whatever spirit has taken hold of me.

"It's just a minor 'set' back" Henri laughs to himself receiving a glare from Olivier.

The gods and goddess herself talk amongst themselves using our mouths to speak. They decide that we can freely use their powers, wow so kind as long as we hunt down Set and return him. I wanted to let them know I was kinda busy between school, basketball, and my transition from the states to here, but it didn't seem as though they really would care. What felt like an hour passes, but who knows the time? We return back to our normal states. The gents arise from their tranced state.

"What are you doing here" Finley gives me a glare. Definitely not the god talking just angry Finley out here disapproving of me stalking them. In the chaos of gods and goddess debating, I forget about how awkward reality would be when we finally are back to normal.

"I uhh. I don't know. I just"

Grey starts laughing. "Guess you got to enjoy the real party" and I just glare back at him.