Chapter 25

The next thing I know I whisked off from the museum exhibit only to land in the middle of nowhere in the Sahara Desert. The sun is blazing and sweat has already begun to bead my face. I use the sleeve of my shirt to wipe off my face before staring out into the distance. Endless expanses of sand dunes and barren stone plateaus stretched out in every single direction. I spin my entire body around looking out into the beyond searching desperately for any sign of civilization, but there was nothing, not even a single camel crossing through the sandy plains. When I said I wanted to see more of Egypt this was not what I had in mind. Not to mention, I was on this unexpected side trip alone. No friends. No food. No water. Nothing. And no way to find my way back, wherever that was.

"Hello," I scream into the void of the scorching desert. "Anybody here."

So, I'm stuck in the middle of the desert in Egypt with no friends and no cell phone signal. Just my luck. I hear Finley in my mind teasing me only you Ray could get lost in a place where you can't be found.

"Good afternoon Ray," a lady calls from the distance. She slowly approaches until I am able to take in her entire figure. Her hair is dark and cut right at her shoulders. It's done with golden beads and a royal headband-like crown resting on the top of her head. Her eyes were almond shaped. Blue and green eyeshadow covered her eyelids and black khol accentuated her long lashes. She had strong cheekbones covered in blush and full lips stained with lipstick. She was dressed in a white ankle length sheath tube dress made from linen. It had two straps that came from behind the neck to meet in the middle of her front exposing her breasts. An amulet hung from her neck. Her forearms were adorned with bracelets and armbands. She had huge hoop earrings hanging from her ears and massive stone rings on almost every finger. A silk cape flowed behind her and met at her wrist bracelets. She was absolutely stunning.

"I'm Cleopatra, Queen of Egypt." I wasn't going to be the one to let her down and tell her that her reign kind of ended a long time ago.

"Why'd you bring me here?"

"Do you know how terrible it is to have rumors spread that I wasn't actually that attractive?" She complains. What a tragedy for people to not love you for looks. "Or that I prostituted myself in order to gain power? Where do these so-called historians come up with these outlandish speculations. Yes, Julius Caesar was stunned by my beauty, but I have a lot more to me other than my attractive physique." So now she's complaining about people thinking she was only famous for her beauty. Apparently, women were impossible to understand no matter the century. I'm starting to feel bad for the boys I know - confusion was inevitable when it came to the subject of girls.

"Octavian just refused to acknowledge that I was one of the wealthiest and most powerful young ladies to rule during my time. I was far more educated that that sadistic conniving cruel son of a...and his sister Octavia. I was far superior in looks and wit"

"Definitely," I nod in agreement hoping that she'll get to the point or remember that I'm here waiting on her to end her dramatic recount of her entire life story.

"My sweet Anthony. He had to deal with them. Bless his heart." Bless my heart, I have to deal with this whole soapbox. Tonight's episode of Access Egypt: Cleopatra with her love affair – was it really more than a political move? In this one-on-one exclusive interview with Cleopatra herself we will uncover the shocking truth behind her relationship with former lovers Caesar and Anthony with behind the scenes footage on what really went on.

"May I ask why you dragged me here," I say, interrupting her long-winded rant.

"Oh honey, I hope you're paying attention."

"Why is there an Egyptian history exam?"

"Very funny dear, but you might actually be able to learn something valuable from my past." I just raise my eyebrows and cross my arms waiting for her to be of good use.