At the Beginning

NOTE:

IROH II: 12 years old

AURORA: 5 years old

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two kids giggle as they ran outside a hut in the southern water tribe. The girl pulled the older boy along as they climb on top of a snowy hill.

"What are we doing up here, Aurora?"

The girl pulls out two raw fishes, "Just wait, Iroh!"

The boy looks around, just when he see's an army of penguins come over to him and jump on top of him and Aurora. Moments later the two were each sitting onto on the penguins back and gliding down the hill. The two kids laughed and screamed out in joy. They hit a smaller hill and the two are thrown off the penguins, separated.

Iroh dust off the snow from his clothes, "Okay, Aurora that was fun-" he looks around but Aurora was no-where to be found.

"AURORA!"

"AURORA! Come on this isn't funny."

He looks off into the distance an sees a gush of wind combined with snow, he runs over to find young Aurora trying to fight off three men who all wore completely black attire with black scarfs wrapped around there necks covering their faces from the nose and below.

"Get away from her!" Iroh helps out striking with fire beginning to battle on of the men.

Iroh and Aurora go back-to-back to cover each other and start fighting the men, all three were benders. Two of them were firebenders, one was a waterbender. The waterbender gets him off guard and knocks Iroh to the ground and Aurora's eyes go wide and attempts to help deflect the benders from hitting him, Iroh could hear one of the benders talking as if they were getting sick of the two.

"Fine lets kill the boy, and get the girl."

Iroh's eyes go wide and starts firebending his way out of the ice but one of the firebenders begins creating lightening and striking it towards Iroh, but clearing making a mistake with aim, he hits Aurora and she falls on the floor spazzing and skin sparks,

"AURORA."

The other two benders grab his arms, "Look what you did, Gin!"

"Come on! Boss isn't going to be happy you killed her."

And with that the three ran off. Iroh acting on instinct picks up Aurora and begins to run all the way back to the hut and screams help. The four adults immediately react, Tenzin drops his tea cup onto the floor and it shatters. Everything went silence for Iroh. He watched as Tenzin, Katara, and Kya take her away. His grandfather bends on the floor and brings Iroh to his chest. Iroh began to cry.

"Grandfather! They came from no where the-they were going to take her" he sniffs and starts to choke out inaudible words.

Zuko pulls him into deeper into his chest and picks him up and brings him to their guest room, "Get some rest Iroh, we can talk about it later."

Iroh nodded and clutched his pillow and Zuko tucked him in. Zuko walked out of the room and into the infirmary. Kya and Katara were focused on working on the wound and Tenzin pacing back and forth.

"Is she alive?" Zuko ask cautiously.

Katara dumps out her old water and brings new water onto the wound. "I have no idea how she is alive, but she is."

Zuko puts his hand on Tenzins shoulder, "hear that Tenz, she's alive."

Tenzin stops pacing and nods and looks over at his daughter, her body now holding a scar that begins at the bottom of her hip but lines continues up to her neck finishing by creating a huge group of thinner lines marked along her jaw almost near her eye.