19│THE BEGINNING OF THE END

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀʀᴛʏ ᴍᴄғʟʏ ᴇғғᴇᴄᴛ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ ᴏғ
ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ꒱ 

❝ NUMBERS DON'T WIN A WAR ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

The good feelings didn't last as long as she would've liked them to. As they pulled up to Sissy's farm, Alexa's eyes widened at the snow-covered ground and giant storm cloud surrounding the barn. Not good.

"You think whatever's going on inside is causing the cold front?" Diego asked as they tumbled out of the car.

"Well, the correlation is high," Five said.

As they made their way to the barn, a woman burst out of the side door with her gun raised. Vanya started towards her worriedly. "Sissy!" 

"Get back!" the blonde woman ordered. "All of you just get the hell back!"

Alexa took a few quick, large steps until she was next to her sister with hands raised and ready to produce a shield if need be.

"Hey, hey what's wrong?"

"Carl," the woman whispered.

"What did he do to you?"

She shook her head hysterically. "He's-he's dead. Harlan tossed him aside like a rag doll, the same way you sent those policemen flyin'. What did you do to him"

"No—"

"Vanya, what the hell did you do to my son!"

"We don't have time for this," Diego said, stepping forward.

"Where do you think you're going?" Sissy directed her gun towards him. "What do you want?"

"Look, Sissy, I found my family," Vanya explained. "These are my brothers and my sisters."

The gun lowered as she stared at them and Alexa raised her hand to give her a little wave.

"Were you lying to me this whole time?"

"Of course not," Vanya said breathlessly. "Look, I didn't know who I was but I do now and we are not the monsters they say we are. We did not kill the president, we are not terrorists. We're not here to hurt anyone."

"Then who are you?"

"The only one who can help Harlan," she answered simply.

☂☂☂

What they saw was definitely not what they were expecting. The boy, Harlan, was suspended in midair with a swirling vortex around him and he was shaking slightly from the velocity of the wind.

Alexa's skin prickled immediately and she fisted her hands, trying to ignore it. Of course her family was in danger.

"Harlan!" Vanya called to the boy over the wind. "I know you're really scared but I can help you. I need you to listen to me, okay? Can you do that?"

There was no way the boy could hear her.

"Harlan?" Vanya called again once she was inside the swirling power.

Off on the other side of the barn, Klaus' attention got pulled away by a bright flash in the middle of the field. "Um, guys? Who're they?"

Everyone except Vanya made their way to the doors to see what he was seeing. "One's The Handler and the other's Diego's girlfriend," Five explained.