15│FIVE TIMES FIVE

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀʀᴛʏ ᴍᴄғʟʏ ᴇғғᴇᴄᴛ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ғɪᴠᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇs ғɪᴠᴇ ꒱ 

❝ AW, YOU'RE SUCH A
CUTE OLD MAN

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

July 20th, 1960

Alexa sang to herself quietly as her pencil traced lines across the vast expanse of white paper that was sprawled out over her cluttered desk. A detailed pink-blue-green plaid pattern was beginning to take shape as the small office started planning for their late summer and early fall fashions. The window in her office was open, allowing a light breeze to circle through the space and blow gently at her hair. The girl's door was also open allowing her a view of Marilyn sitting at her desk as she clacked away on a typewriter most likely responding to orders.

"'And the sailors say Brandy! you're a fine girl, what a good wife you would be, such a fine girl, but my life, my love and my lady is the sea!'" The blonde girl didn't know why the song was stuck in her head except that it was almost a perfect representation of her life. "'Yeah, your eyes could steal a sailor from the sea.'"

"What's that song, dear?" the red-haired woman called to her.

Alexa's singing stopped and she scrambled for an answer. "Uh, Brandy, but you wouldn't know the band. They're new." More like not even created yet.

"It sounds like a lovely song except for the mentions of debauchery, of course."

The blonde laughed slightly at the woman's '60s views (not at her, just of how reflective of the time she was.) "It's one of my favorites," she admitted. "It reminds me of someone I love."

"Oh? Do you care to share?" There was an obvious note of interest in her voice since Alexa rarely talked about anything about herself or her past.

The girl shrugged. "There's not much to say. There's this boy I love but, well, we're complicated. He's always got more important things to do than stick around and I don't really blame him. I just know I'll never be enough to make him stay. He's the sailor in the song, you see."

Marylin shot her a sympathetic look. "Is he the boy you bring coffee in for everyday?"

"Yes. I keep hoping he'll show up one of these days and change his mind. There'll probably be something else major going on though."

The woman fell silent after that and Alexa returned to her singing: "'Brandy walks through a silent town and loves a man who's not around she still can hear him say Brandy! you're such a fine girl! what a good wife you would be, such a fine girl— but my life, my love and my lady is the sea!'"

The sea, in this case, was the uncharted waters of time and space.

☂☂☂

They chased Five up Elliot's stairs, Luther shouting after the boy. "Hey, Five, doomsday is still coming! We gotta think of a new plan."

"Don't you get it, Luther?" he demanded as they reached the top. "It's over, alright? We're already dead."

"Then where are you going?" Alexa asked as they entered the living space.

"I'm going to do the unthinkable."

"What the hell does that mean?" Luther exclaimed.

"Yeah, I'd like to know too! What happened to at least telling me before you go off and do something reckless?"