20│TO DIE AS LOVERS MAY

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀʀᴛʏ ᴍᴄғʟʏ ᴇғғᴇᴄᴛ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴛᴏ ᴅɪᴇ ᴀs ʟᴏᴠᴇʀs ᴍᴀʏ ꒱ 

❝ I WOULD GIVE MY LIFE FOR
YOURS EVERY SINGLE TIME ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"No!" the cry tore out of the boy's mouth and he scrambled to the pile of rubble as his breath came in short gasps.

It was too similar. Too similar to the first apocalypse where he'd found her buried under the rubble. Too similar to removing each block piece by piece, hoping, praying that he could get her to breathe in time. He didn't want to be too late.

Again.

His hands scrabbled at the bricks in an effort to move them. "Lexa, I'm here. Hold on I'll get you out, I promise."

She was only invulnerable when she could breathe and if she was under there much longer

"Five!" Luther's voice cut through the barrage of panic as he frantically pushed aside the bricks. His brother's hand came to rest on his arm and the boy immediately yanked it free. 

"Let me go!" he snarled.

He'd failed her again. First the 2019 apocalypse, then the nuclear war.

"Five she's going to be fine! We have other problems to worry about!"

The Handler was right. 

Maybe this was some terrible sort of message.

"What are you?" Luther's voice questioned from above.

"Someone who wants to kill your brother," Lila answered him.

"Well, that's understandable," Luther said. He moved in front of the frantic boy. "Diego can be a lot to handle."

"Yeah, I was talking about Five."

Luther gave an agreeable nod. "Him too, but unfortunately they're family and so you're shit out of luck."

☂☂☂

Finally, finally, he'd removed the bricks from her body a task that had seemed unbearably long.

"Lexa?" the boy pleaded as he pulled the girl into his arms. He gently brushed the hair out of her face. "Lexa, you're alright, I've got you"

The blonde's eyes flew open and she gasped as she struggled to sit up. Relief swamped through him so strongly it would've knocked him off his feet if he'd been standing.

"Five?"

"I'm here," he said as he pulled her closer. "I'm right here."

Alexa shifted slightly and looked up into his face. "Hey," she said quickly. She reached up to place a hand on his cheek. "I'm okay. It's okay."

"I thought I lost you," the boy whispered.

Five's eyes had a glassy, panicked look to them that she really, really didn't like. It reminded her of Klaus' eyes when he'd come back from Vietnam. She gently brushed her thumb across his cheek. "See? I'm okay, Fi."

The scared look became angry. "Are you stupid?" he demanded, fear turning his snarl shaky. "Why would you do that?" Five's voice cracked slightly. "My life isn't worth yours."