5│A FAMILY MATTER

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀʀᴛʏ ᴍᴄғʟʏ ᴇғғᴇᴄᴛ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴀ ғᴀᴍɪʟʏ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ꒱ 

❝ ARE YOU OR ARE YOU NOT
AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE?

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"Where did you get the film? The Frankel Footage? The truth, this time." A man's familiar voice broke the brief family reunion.

Alexa turned to see Elliot stalking towards them with his gun raised. She tensed and lifted her hands slightly in case he finally went crazy and started shooting them.

"Do you know this lunatic?" Diego asked.

"New acquaintance. He's harmless."

"Old acquaintance," Alexa put in. "Mostly crazy."

"Are you sure about that?" Lila wondered. "The harmless part."

"Are you or are you not an enemy of the people?" he yelled.

There was a pause before Diego and Five talked at once: "that's such an open question."

"It really depends on the people."

"Yeah, some people are just assholes," Alexa said.

Elliot did not take kindly to their discussion. "You move one more muscle, I'll blow your brains out."

Alexa raised her hands higher. "I'd like to see you try."

Almost in memory of their last day in 2019, she felt gentle fingers grasp her shoulder, stilling her. Turning, she saw Five shake his head slightly as Diego asked, "you wanna take this or should I?"

The hand left her shoulder. "I've got him."

Behind her, she heard Diego mumble "hey, Lila," as Five blinked in front of Elliot, grabbed his gun, and yanked it away from him. There was a spray of bullets as Diego leapt forward and took the gun to empty the cartridges.

"What the hell just happened?" Lila asked.

Alexa grinned. "Hargreeves family magic."

☂☂☂

The small screen displayed an old woman as a man's voice sounded from behind the camera. The couple was arguing about how to turn it on and Alexa couldn't help but smile. Lila seemed to echo her thoughts. "Aw, they're cute. I love old couples. I'm always proud of them for not murdering each other."

Alexa gave an amused huff as she watched the other woman paint her toenails. While she'd gotten warning bells for the brunette, it was nice to have another woman around even if she was slightly crazy.

"Why are we watching this?" Diego asked.

"Because," Alexa answered childishly and stuck her tongue out when he gave her an annoyed look.

Even as Five shushed them, she tried to tamp down the elated giggle that threatened to escape. Her family was back. No thanks to her, of course, but she would revel in their return anyway. After so long of being on her own, she felt like none of the family drama that tended to follow them could get her down. She returned her attention to the projector screen as Lila said, "that's six days from now."

"Holy shit," Diego exclaimed as he leaned forward. "That's the grassy knoll. Kennedy's about to get shot. How'd you get this footage?"

"Hazel died to get me this footage. Must be the key to stopping doomsday."