II│INTERLUDE II: RELATIONSHIPS II

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀʀᴛʏ ᴍᴄғʟʏ ᴇғғᴇᴄᴛ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐔𝐃𝐄 𝐈𝐈 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ʀᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴsʜɪᴘs ɪɪ ꒱ 

❝ HEY, WOULDN'T IT BE WEIRD
IF FIVE GREW UP ALL HOT?

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Tacos turned out to be drinking as well. At first she'd protested, wanting to be the responsible one but after not very much cajoling Alexa had broken down and said one drink. Well, that turned out to be two, three and four. Now, she was feeling quite a bit past tipsy thanks to her younger body and a happy, bubbly feeling had replaced the lingering worry and sadness.

The four of them were currently in Allison's beauty parlor with Alexa sitting on Vanya's lap as the brunette woman ran her fingers through the blonde's hair. Allison stood behind Klaus who sat in the chair opposite them. A song was playing in the background and Alexa lifted the bottle she was holding to her lips to take a quick swallow. The alcohol had burned but now it just felt nice.

"Oh, the nerve of that man!" Allison was saying. "I mean, one thing goes wrong and he's on a warpath! I mean, doesn't he know who I am? No, no Ray. You know exactly who I am. You just can't handle it."

"You tell him, sis!" Alexa cheered from her spot while Vanya slumped beneath her and pointed two of her fingers as she made "pew pew" sounds.

Her sister made a grand gesture in her direction. "Thank you. I'm protecting him." She slapped Klaus who made a noise of complaint. 

"From what?"

"The end of the world, for one."

"Is the world really gonna end in six days?" Vanya asked.

Alexa shrugged and took another swig from the bottle. "Five's never been wrong before." She gave a little laugh and lifted up one finger. "Of course, there's also only been one apocalypse so far. Still, one for one is pretty damn good."

Allison ran her fingers through Klaus' hair as he sat up. "Hey, wouldn't it be weird if Five grew up all hot? Wouldn't that be weird?"

Her siblings made noises of protest but she grinned. "Isn't he already, though?"

"Eww!" Allison exclaimed.

"Oh, eww," Klaus mocked her as he stood. "Please, Miss Luther-was-my-lover."

"We have never even kissed," the woman protested as Klaus imitated the sounds.

"Yeah, well, you guys were making sick little moon-dog eyes at each other all through puberty and breakfast and all that."

"Aren't we all brothers and sisters or. . .?" Vanya asked. She sat back up to wrap her arms around Alexa's waist and place her chin on the girl's shoulder.

Klaus snorted as Allison began, "well, technically"

"Technically? If you have to use the word 'technically' you're already in trouble."

Alexa suddenly banged her glass against the metal of the chair, causing a ringing sound. "Can I-can I have everyone's attention?" she asked. Her words slurred a little. "I have a very important announcement to make."

Allison and Klaus turned to her. "Go ahead, little sis," her brother said.

She made a gesture to tap the opening of her bottle with the flat of her hand. "Is this thing on? Can you all hear me?"