Part 8

You keep referring back to your calendar and then, when catching yourself in the act, huffing out of frustration. Tomorrow you will be back for second fittings for the Jack & Emily project, which they still had yet to give a working title – and if all goes well tomorrow, you'll be back in on Friday for photos in costume.

Tom has already left for London with the rest of the cast and crew that you have grown to know through frequent set visits. Tom has been enlisting most of the actors he is working with to help him to send you short clips of funny moments on set, though such horseplay has died down in the past few days. Your favorites usually had Tom interacting with Peter whose humor had quickly endeared him to you. They always seemed to be having such fun, but you were glad to not be in their dizzying path. Your set visits had given you your fill of their combined antics, you'd settle for just Tom's endless energy from now on, thank you very much.

You are concentrating on sending Tom a message on your phone while you are leaving in the morning for the studio and stumble over a paper that had been left in front of your door. Odd, as you get your news via your phone. Rather than taking the time to walk it into your room you stuff the paper into your bag. Maybe someone else in the crew would like to read the publication.

Before you are even fully admitted to the wardrobe room you can hear that Benedict is in today as well. He is standing with his back to you, his arms slightly splayed out to his sides as pins are used to adjust a suit to fit him more snugly. His shoulders are shaking with laughter, which is causing the two people trying to make adjustments to half-heartedly glare at him.

They picked a wonderful cut for him so why they are bothering with alterations you can't imagine. August, the production's wardrobe designer is nowhere to be seen but you know he is present. Alterations to one of his creations without his critical eye observing? Unthinkable! You nod greetings to the two tailors and sit down to wait to be told what to do.

Benedict does his best to keep his body still but turn his head far enough to see behind him. "Morning _______."

You motion for him to turn back around so the suit jacket hangs correctly, receiving grateful expressions from both tailors. "Morning Benedict. Been here long?"

"Still on London time."

Right. He had flown in for the awards, then went straight back to the job afterwards. London. Tom. You'll call him after you are given your marching orders for the day. "Must be fun, arguing with your internal clock."

"I'm surprised you haven't tried to keep similar hours. Tom always worries about a good time to call."

Having a conversation with the back of someone's head is a little odd. "You talked to Tom?"

Benedict nods. "This morning. He says hullo. And call. And something about slow motion which I can only assume to be an inside joke?"

You are saved from having to explain what it means by August coming into the room with a bunch of papers in his hand. He stops when he sees you and scoffs playfully, "She sits and studies the stitching. Up, up. Let's work on Emily's wardrobe!"

The suit hangs on the rack, the man it was fitted to now gone from the room when you return with your own pieces that needed slight adjustments. Since there were so few changes needed you are released early. You don't have anything else to do so you end up back at the hotel, trying to figure out how to occupy your time. August has assured you that everything will be ready for photos tomorrow. You can't wait to see how everything looks once put together. Full makeup, costume, maybe a few props...

You miss Tom when you call to update him on the news. After leaving a brief message find yourself once again at the mercy of the clock. Considering you've lived pretty much out of your suitcase since arriving in town there isn't all that much to do to pack for your move. Sifting items from drawers to your bags doesn't take all that much time so you opt to clear the desktop of the little mementos and paperwork.