Chapter 6 - I'm sorry

Chapter 6

          “I can’t believe you cheated on me,” I joked. We had finished eating, after Lissa and Grayson- Adrian’s parents, were fooling around on how Adrian sure did know how to pick girls. It was funny really, but then there was embarrassing moments, when I knew Lissa was hinting towards me to be the one for Adrian. “I married my best friend.” She’d say when we were eating; I choked on my food, once she referred me as Adrian’s best friend. Let’s just say there were awkward moments as well.

          “You seriously are just begging for the tickle monster,” He stared at me with a serious expression making me shrink and move away from him on the bed that we were now currently sitting in.

          “No, no.” I mumble, “I’m good.”

          “Say you’re sorry then,”

          “I’m sorry, you cheated on me.” I frowned faking hurt. “You broke my heart.” I looked down at the sheets, tracing the pattern with my fingers. The swirls were leading closer to him and I stopped my finger, once his thigh was in the way. “I can’t believe you did this to me.”

          “That’s it!” He growled, putting his hands on my waist and tickling me, till I could no longer hold my laughs. I giggled uncontrollably as he continued torturing my sides, it was agony, I couldn’t hardly breathe yet he kept on like if it was some sort of game for him. It was, it made me laugh, but I really hated to be tickled, I felt weak. I mean if a robber came here all they needed to do was tickle me and that was it, I’d be a goner.

          “S-stop!” I yelled trying to push his hands off me, but with my lack of strength and laughing too much, I couldn’t pry him off of me. He was now hovering over me, still going at it and staring at my cheeks which I assumed were red now. “I’m sorry!” I chocked out, and pretended to start wheezing. He stopped looking down at me with concern in his eyes.

          “Lynnie? Oh my god I’m sorry, I forgot about your asthma, are you okay?” Lynnie!” He pulled me up in a sitting position, rubbing my back out of lack of anything to do. “I’m going to call the hospital.”

          “No-no!” I yelled grabbing a hold of his wrist and smiling, “I was just kidding.”

          “Oh my GOD! Annalynn, never do that to me again, do you know how scared I was to think that you probably could have died?” He says, now sitting in front of me and staring into my eyes, with so much caring and concern. I smiled and touched his cheek.

          “That’s what you get for tickling me, Taylor.”

          “God, don’t ever do that to me again.” He repeated in a serious tone.

          I nodded understandingly, because I knew if he had the same problem that I had, I would have been worried too. “I promise,” I held up my pinky and he just shook his head ignoring it, pulling me into a hug instead.

          “I’m sorry, Adri.” I whispered hugging him tighter, “I didn’t mean to scare you.”

          “I’m fine Lynnie, I’m just glad you’re okay.” He pulled away after several seconds, only because my phone dinged from my pocket. Butterflies took over my stomach as I quickly cleared the screen, hoping it was Ethan.

          And to my luck it was, I missed him, as hard to believe as it may seem, I did. We never really spend so much time apart besides a week when we broke up. Even if I had seen him yesterday, I really was hoping he’d make it up to me somehow.