Chapter 2 - Park

Chapter 2

                When I awoke in the morning, I was debating whether or not to join Krystal at the park. I’m going to be honest, I really wasn’t in the mood to do anything but sleep, eat and get my school things ready. But I knew that if I didn’t go, Krystal wouldn’t let me live this down. She would be constantly yammering on how I ditched her, how I never see her and how I always wanted to eat and sleep. Okay, maybe that was true, but still..

               Finally deciding to put on my big girl panties, I got ready. Simple as always, light pink stripped t-shirt with some faded short jeans, my hair was in a curly mess which I didn’t bother to comb no thanks to my lazyness. And finally my contacts in my eyes along with some natural make up- not so much because who would want to look like someone who belongs in a circus?

              As predicted, my phone beeped and I already knew who it was before I even pressed the answer button.

              “Krystal?”

              “How did you- never mind caller I.D., hey when are you coming, the rest of us are here, even Adrian. Are you los-”

              “I been going to that park with you since I was seven, how in the world will I get lost?” I let out a low snort and a roll of my eyes into the phone.

              “Whatever, are you coming or not?” She asks with a whine tone. This was my chance to back out and say no- maybe if I did I could go back to sleep. I glanced at my bed, it sure did look comfy…

              “Annalynn?”

               “Huh? What?” I say a bit dazed, “Oh yeah, right, I’ll be there, give me ten minutes geesh.”

              “Fine, we will be waiting, hurry up!”

              “Yes mom.” I joked and with that I hung up, putting my slightly scratched phone- which I must say by the many times I dropped it, it still managed to work- in my pocket and made my way downstairs to retrieve my keys. Once again my mom was nowhere in sight, deciding not to tell her, I made my way out the door towards my car.

              The car ride to the park was awfully fast, I guess it does fly fast when you’re having fun, well if you include me singing in the car like a dying cat listening to Spanish music fun then, yes… fun.

              I swear, Krystal sneaked in my window and decided to integrate me with a tracking device because without even taking three steps towards the park gate she was already there with a bright smile.

              Her black hair was blowing back against the wind and her bright eyes -cough- contacts, were shinning with excitement.

              “Lynnie!” Her scream made me half deaf as she crushed me into an unbearable hug, making it hard to breath.

              “Can’t.. Breath…” I spilled the words out half trying to push her.

              “I don’t care! I missed you, feels like I haven’t seen you in ages!” She exclaimed loudly once again.

              “Well you owe me a hearing aid..” I grumble touching my ears as she pulled away. “Your screaming made me half deaf!”

              She frowned and mocked me, “You owe me a hearing aid, and your screaming made me half deaf.”

              “Whatever,” I narrow my eyes at her, though she still smiled back at me. “Ooh I missed you too come here.” I hugged her again tightly and chuckled. “Same old, Cookie.”