Chapter 5 - Shopping, Dinner and a Girlfriend?

Chapter 5

I was awake, but I refused to open my eyes. I pulled the covers sleepily over my tired body and snuggled deeper into my stiff pillow. I never remembered it being so hard, but I was too exhausted to care. I felt a something, almost like a breathing against my neck which I ignored, until something in my bed started to move me.

Something captured my waist and pulled me into something firm, that's when my eyes flew open. I let out a startled yelp noticing what it was. It wasn't a pillow, it was Adrian sleeping. I wasn't in my bed, I was in his. I forgotten I fell asleep, then again I did come over his house and never remembered coming home, what did I expect? To magically teleport to my amazing bed?

No wonder I was feeling warm, compared to my ice cold house. My mom always loved to keep the temperature down, I swear one of these days I was going to see snow for the first time in my house. Not that I complained because I had thick blankets, but still, could it kill her to keep the house above seventy degrees?

I carefully removed Adrian's hand from my waist, as well as the covers, getting out of his comfy tempur-pedic bed. Then I replaced my body he was wrapping his arms with, with a comfy pillow. Oh how I was so envious of him. As I was doing the pee-pee dance all the way to the bathroom, I glanced at the mirror.

If this mirror could talk, it would laugh at me, maybe even scream at my hideous hair sticking out awkwardly in all sorts of angles. Rolling my eyes, I began doing my necessities. I tried to tame my hair as best as I could with the sink water, then I grabbed some toothpaste rinsing my delicate- not able to chew ice properly without screaming in agony- mouth and proceeded to grab the clothes from Adrian's desk.

No, don't laugh. I can't chew ice without my teeth dying from coldness and pain, big deal. Though I hated when Adrian did it in front of me, God he was such a show off! I took off my clothes in the middle of his bedroom, jumping on one leg trying to take my pants off, hoping I didn't wake him up for him to find me semi naked, doing a weird dance in the middle of his room.

I folded his clothes neatly, just like any good friend would do and dumped it on his desk chair. Then proceeded to put my clothes on quickly. I shuffled through his desk drawers trying to find a paper and pencil, to write him a note not wanting to wake him up. I sneaked a glance at him, his chest was rising heavily, hugging the pillow in replacement of me and he looked so peaceful.

After finally locating what I needed, I bent over the desk weirdly, and began to write with my not so pleasant handwriting, hoping he would understand.

Sorry I left without a goodbye, thanks for letting me stay again. I'll text you later?

Ps. I hate you and your stupid tempur-pedic bed I'm so envious about!

I glanced a look at Adrian's clothes that I had slept in previously and let out a small smile.

PPS. I'm keeping the clothes you let me borrow! Ttyl <3

As I said in the last sentence in my note, I kept my word in keeping his clothes. I grabbed it, shuffling out the door, hoping I wasn't being too loud to wake Aimee or his parents up.

I was so close to making it towards the door, when the light from the living room suddenly turned on blinding my eyes slightly.

"Annalynn?" Adrian's mom's familiar voice said from the TV, which was on mute. She had a book in her hand as she looked at me in confusion. Great, would she think me and Adrian were up to something? Then again, I always slept over.

"Uh, hi." I cleared my throat awkwardly. "I didn't know you'd still be up." Even though I said that, I didn't even know what time it was actually.