Chapter 3 - Memories

Chapter 3

               I sneaked a glance at Daniel who was looking out the window. He looked almost deep in thought, as if planning his next move. When I pulled into my driveway I saw a black ford focus parked on the driveway and my door wide open which could only mean that Krystal was already here.

               I started to get nervous, wondering if Krystal let Luke or anyone else see where the spare key was located. I knew she wouldn’t be that stupid, but you can never be too careful. The last thing I need is creepers coming into my home.

               Did I speak too soon?

               After all, I was inviting strangers into my home. Krystal knew them, so I was praying that I putting my trust in her to not invite serial killers was a good idea.

               I sighed.

                “Nice house,” Daniel finally said glancing at me.

                “Thanks.” I mumble, grabbing my backpack from the rear seat. Opening the door, I was about to fully step out until something pulled me back.

                “Ugh,” I grunt, noticing I hadn’t taken my seatbelt off. Smooth, Lynn, smooth.

               Daniel was obviously oblivious to my death glare, as he continued to laugh his head off pointing at me childishly. “It’s. Not. Funny!” I screeched, crossing my arms.

                “Here let me help you with that,” He offered grabbing my backpack from the drive seat floor, while I unbuckled my seatbelt.

               He held his hand out, and staring daggers at him I took it almost losing my balance. “Clumsy!”

               I opened my mouth to retort, but a sound of an engine snapped my head instantly to its source. Ethan’s car parked on the grass, and he came out immediately focused on Daniel.

                “I’ll be inside,” I nodded at Daniel’s words as he went towards my opened front door.

                “What was that all about?” Ethan asked coolly.

                “Nothing, he was just helping me,” I laughed. “I sorda’ like.. um got trapped on the seat belt. It was funny.” I giggled even if the incident at all wasn’t funny itself, more humiliating than anything.

               After finishing my sentence, he took a step forward, lightly brushing his lips against mine making me go weak in the knees. He literally took my breath away. I wanted nothing more than to kiss his lips and have him hold me forever.

                “I can’t.. “ I murmured against his lips, gently pushing myself closer.

                “I’ll make up for it, I promise.” He smiled already knowing what I was about to say. He gently ran his hand down my shoulders, leaving me shivering as if it was zero degrees outside, and grabbed my hands.

               Then he pulled away.

               Just like that.

               I frowned, “Wha-“

                “Let’s go inside,” He winked.

               Jerk!