Chapter 15

August

"You sho' bae?" She nodded covered herself up inna covers. Her dinner ain't sit well wit' her stomach so she threw it up.

"I feel so diz-" She buried her face inna trashcan and threw up some mo'. I held her hair up and rubbed her back.

"At least we kno' ou'a princess don't like shrimp and rice." I grinned.

"Shut the fuc-" She threw up again.

"Damn mama. Let me call tha' docta." I unlocked my phone and dialed Jen's numba'.

"Hello?"

"Aye docta' Lewis, Leah throwin' up and ion't kno' what ta' do."

"Alright well throwing up is natural during her pregnancy. Has she eaten any spicy food?"

"I made shrimp and rice fa' dinner. It had spices innit but she couldn't taste nothing."

"Try to avoid spicy and unhealthy food throughout her pregnancy. When A'leah throws up that's the baby's way of saying he/she doesn't like it. Is she having any stomach pain?" I held da phone ta' my ear and set da trash can onna flo'.

"Bae ya stomach hurtin'?" She nodded.

"Yeah doc, it is."

"She's not allowed to take any medicine while she's pregnant because we don't want to harm the baby so she'll have to deal with that.

Have her drink plenty of water and keep her body elevated. Watch over her for the next few hours. If you see any blood in the throw up take her to the nearest hospital. I have a doctor on standby." I nodded.

"Thanks doc, 'preciate it."

"No problem." I hung up and tossed my phone onna bed. Leah was sittin' up groanin'and holdin' her stomach.

"Don't worry baybeh, I gotchu." I cooed kissin' her cheeks. I put the trash can inna black trash bag, tied it up and sat it onna street.

I jogged back inna house and washed my hands. Then I grabbed a few bottles of water and a rag. I made sure the security system was off, cut da lights off and headed upstairs ta' ou'a bedroom. Leah was inna bathroom brushin' her teeth and washin' her face.

"Bae come on, ion't want you on ya feet." She rinsed her mouth out wit' mouthwash and got back in bed. I propped her feet up wit' sum pillows. I took her clothes off tossin' em inna hamper.

"Auggie you don't have to do this." I handed her a bottled water and wet the rag a lah bit inna bathroom.

"I do everything ta' make sure my baybehs are safe a'ight? When's the appointment?"

"Wednesday." Today was Monday. I gotta hit da studio tomorrow.

"A'ight. Just relax mamas." Once she fell asleep, I shut da do' and decided ta' just take a nap wit' her.

_______

I woke up inna pool of blood. Blood soaked da sheets and trailed into da bathroom.

"Leah..where you at? I jumped up rushed into da bathroom. She was inna tub cryin'. There was blood on her hands and inna tub.

"A-AAugust I'm l-losing the bab-" Her eyes closed and she started shakin', but she couldn't control it. I ran outta da bathroom and dialed 911.

"911 what's your emergency?"

"My girlfriend h-havin' a seizure, I'a woke up inna pool of her blood. S-She's inna t-tub..w-we n-need an a-aambulance..quick."

"What's the address sir?" I gave tha' dispatcher the address and jogged back into da bathroom. Leah was unconscious.