Chapter 23

Quick A/N : Sorry I haven't updated in a minute. I've been going through alot I appreciate yall being so patient and showing me so much love these past couple days.

--

A'leah

"Baybeh you aight?" I nodded and continued to do my make-up.

Darnell stopped by and dropped off Mama Ruby's ashes in a small urn. The reading of her will is being done by her hometown Pastor tomorrow.With Darnell coming by and seeing Mama Ruby's ashes, my mood was affected just a little bit.

I promised myself that today would be a good day. August and I find out the sex of the baby today and we are excited. He maybe more excited than me.

"Aye mama we gotta get this show onna role na', you ready?" I eyed him up and down, grabbing my Burgundy MK clutch.

"Don't rush me. You'll wake up with nuts missing." He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me.

"You too addicted ta' alla this ta' cut my shit off. I'll cut ya titty off, keep on." I elbowed him in the stomach and playfully rolled my eyes.

"I'm ready to go now." I cut the lights off in our bedroom, waddling down the hall.

Most woman would complain about how being pregnant but not me. I love being pregnant. Besides the back pains and feet swelling it's not so bad. August helped me into his Range, got in and circled around our driveway, cruising down the street.

"So Valentine's Day is' tomorrow." I smiled.

"Remember our first Valentine's day?" He nodded.

"I bought you a lah' rose and we shared a jumbo kit kat togetha'." I smiled and messed with my promise ring.

"We don't have to do anything big August. I mean we just moved into a new house, you have bookings to attend to and I don't wanna-"He held my lips with two fingers, shutting me up.

"Don't een trip bout dat ya heard me? You deserve a special Valentine's Day this year." I slowly stuck my tongue out licking the side of his finger. He let my lips go and wiped his finger on my bottom lip.

"Babe stoopp." I whined.

"Shut up ugly."

"Make me." I shot back.

"Aight, we'a find out at ya appointment if I can and when Mey Ling say yes I'm poppin' sumn." I rolled my eyes and scrolled through my Twitter feed.

Now that I think about it, we haven't been intimate since he got me pregnant. Shit, I wouldn't mind some head but he needs to prove to me that I can trust him first. August circled the parking lot a few times until he found a space and parked. He helped me out of the car and we headed inside the doctor's office.

"A'leah your back." The nurse smiled. I smiled back and wrote my information on the clipboard at the front desk.

"Yes I'm back."

"Go ahead back sweetie, Dr. Men Yêy isn't busy." I nodded and waddled down the hall with August right behind me.

"Lah' penguin ass." He started to imitate the way I was walking.

"Fuck you." I gave him the finger and entered Dr.Men Yêy's office.

"Welcome back A'leah, it's been a while." I helped myself onto the operation table, getting comfortable.

"It seems like it. I'm just ready to find out the sex of the baby."

"Let's get right to it then."