匚卄卂卩ㄒ乇尺 1

Midoriya sat in a cafe booth, completely alone. He wore a couple of layers of robes, covering his school uniform that he wore underneath. The robes were colored darkly, an array of blacks and greys. While they were hooded, he kept the hoods down, which allowed for his wild green hair to stick up at every angle. A tall, pointed and brimed hat sat ontop of his head, bent over slightly and light grey in color. The hat's brim folded upwards, held up by a star shaped pin. He wore a pendant around his neck, which looked like a poiton bottle containing some leaves. The sleeves of his robes were large and baggy, long enough to cover his hands. Dark green runes were stitched into the outer robe and his hat, seeming almost decorative. In reality, the runes would streagthen his magic while he wore the clothing. He wore tall, black boots, decorated with stitched-on swirls and golden buckles. Golden threads hung from the collor of his robe, which could be used to tighten or loosen the collor. He wore some stackable chokers around his neck, most of them being enchanted in some way.

Just by looking at him, you could tell that he was a witch. Not that Midoriya minded that. He wouldn't say it directly, but he took pride in his magical skills. Besides, in this place, most everyone was involved with the occult in some way. He blocked out the sounds of other people chatting to each other about who knows what, he emerald eyes squinted as he focused on his single task at hand. That task would be making a staff. His old one had been ruined by Bakugou's explosions, along with one of his hero analysis notebooks. Didn't Bakugou know Midoriya worked hard on those? And anyways, weren't his lackeys telling him not to mess with the young witch, since he practiced dark magic?

To be honest, Midoriya didn't really need a staff, but his magic was safer and more controled that way. Besides, Midoriya liked crafting things. It was always satisfying to turn materials into something much more. And it was nice to see how he could improve his art. Similar to his magic, he always took a secret pride to his creations. Not to an unhealthy level, of course. He was well aware of all of his flaws. Actually, he was pretty self-consious of them, some might even say insecure. But, could you blame him for his insecurities? Even though no one directly insulted him anymore, ("You don't want to upset him. He could hex you with ease") he still heard rumors being whispered about him. He was the quirkless nerd who could curse you for life if he wanted. He supposed that was what he got for trying to learn dark magic.

He hummed to himself as he worked, carving the long block of wood into what would become his new staff. No one in the cafe questioned the young witch, most of them knew of him already anyway. He did come to this cafe often, since most of the people there weren't very judging of his lifestyle. He couldn't say the same of his mom, or his classmates, though... His mom was definitely loving, sure, but she didn't exactly like his medling in the world of magic. Midoriya had convinced himself that she was just worried for him. Dark magic was certainly a dangerous practice, he knew. He still remembered the time he summoned an evil spirit on accident, and got possesed because of it. Even years later, he constantly checked to make sure he wasn't being haunted or possesed.

"...Sir? Hello?" A voice cut through his concentration, and someone tapped on his shoulder. He jumped up, hitting his head on the seat. Midoriya turned to look at the person, emerald eyes meeting chocolate colored ones. In front of him was a short girl, with chestnut colored hair, and wide brown eyes, as well as a permanent blush on her cheeks. Behind her was a boy with a bird head, the feathers were all inky black, and he had narrowed, red eyes. Midoriya didn't recognize either of them, which ment they could potentially be threats to him. And, did Midoriya sense some traces of light magic off of the girl? That couldn't be good for a dark magic user like himself. Still, he gave a small smile, and said, "Yeah? Can I help you?"

The girl replied with, "we were wondering if we could sit here? All the other seats were taken." The bird boy seemed to be inspecting him closely, and Midoriya couldn't tell whether it was out of curiosity, or trying to analyse the enemy. Either way, he didn't apprciate it, though he said nothing of it, "Well, I don't see why not. Surely, you don't mind if I continue working on this?" Midoriya could keep a calm act. He didn't want to atagonize them just because the girl seemed to have light magic. He had enough to worry about as it was, and both of these two were unknown factors. They sat down across from him, and the girl said, "Nope, we don't mind! Right, Tokoyami-kun?" The bird headed boy- Tokoyami, it would seem- shrugged, before saying, "What is it, anyway..?"