☽SEVENTEEN☾

The Truth

✦✧✦

Forget what I saidIt's not what I meantAnd I can't take it backI can't unpack the baggage you left

Forget what I said
It's not what I meant
And I can't take it back
I can't unpack the baggage you left

What am I now?
What am I now?
What if I'm someone I don't want around?
I'm fallin' again
I'm fallin' again
I'm fallin'

✦✧✦

"So, my brother is back and you're mad at him?" Rebekah's voice came through the car's speakers as Adonis drove around Mystic Falls with no particular destination.

"Your brother is a dick." He spat.

"Woah!" Rebekah scoffed, "he's also your father."

Adonis rolled his eyes. "I don't care what he is. I just intend on finding out why he left."

"And what do you plan on doing for that?"

"Listen in to all of their thoughts until they slip up."

The line went silent for a moment, "are you kidding me?" Rebekah sputtered. "That's your plan? Listening in to the thoughts of two Originals, a diabolical doppelganger and the mightiest witch alive?"

Adonis shook his head as he pulled up near the Wickery Bridge and unplugged his phone before getting off the vehicle.

"Give me a better idea." He breathed, placing the device on his ear. He walked around to the trunk and took out the pack of six beers before taking it to the bridge and sitting on the ledge with his legs dangling beneath him.

"Look, I know my brother; he wouldn't have taken this step had it not been absolutely necessary." The blonde Original mumbled in a concerned voice. "I think you should just talk to him."

"Absolutely not."

Rebekah groaned. "How could I forget? You get your pride from him."

"It's not my pride, Beks. I tried asking Lia about all this, I tried asking Elijah. Hell, I even tried to compel it out of Kat—"

"You what?" Rebekah interrupted with a snicker. "Oh, that must have been hilarious. I've always been jealous of her friendship with Lia!"

"Well, then you have another thing to worry about." Adonis said with a smirk.

"What do you mean?" She asked in a voice glazed with confusion.