Rant 13: Christmas Holidays/Working through them!

Okay so this chapter is probably going to be a little different than what the other chapters were like, but anyway lets get started!

So I work in a kitchen as a trainee chef, and the hours are very different to the normal 9-5 job people are used to where I live. My dad works at one of the local colleges and he works the normal 9-5 and gets a nice three day weekend, so he's pretty freaking lucky! 

Me on the other hand as I said I work in a kitchen and I start work at 9:30 am, and finish anywhere from 2 - 3:30, I get a couple of hours break and then I have to go back into work for the evening shift at 5:30 and I could finish anywhere from 9 - 11 depending on how busy it is each night. I get one or two days off a week and I have to admit although I love my job the hours are really stressful and I would love a bit more sleep each night. 

What really annoys me though is seeing people complaining about their jobs and about their school schedules like they have the worst lives on the damn planet. And although my hours aren't the worst in the world, my job can leave me feeling pretty exhausted and stressed. 

All through the Christmas period I saw people complaining that they only got a week off for the holidays and I even saw some people complaining on Facebook and Twitter that they only got a two week break from school/work and it wasn't fair. 

Well guess what, I only got TWO DAYS off of work before I had to go back in again. The two days I got off from work were Christmas day and Boxing day. The reason I am writing this rant is because I got so annoyed at people complaining when actually they didn't realize how lucky they were compared to other people. I will admit that when I was younger and before I started this job I was one of the people who didn't want to go back to school after a few weeks holiday. So I guess I cant really say much. But still it annoys the heck out of me now!

Some of you will probably be thinking that its my own fault for picking the job that I did and yeah you are right in thinking that but actually I didn't realize what the hours would be like when I started the job. Either way I still really freaking love my job.

You also hear it a lot on the radio too though, all the radio presenters were saying things like 'Well to everyone listening, enjoy the time off while you can because work starts again for most people on January the 5th, and I was stood there at the char-grill thinking 'Oh please piss off, WE'RE ALREADY WORKING!'. 

Anyway I am going to start to bring this small rant chapter to an end, I was talking to my friends and work mates about this a lot recently so I though hey, why not upload it onto here for everyone to read now that I have a day off. I'm trying to focus on creating good rants that have been seriously thought about instead of rants that were created in 20 minutes in a fit of anger! I just wanted to write a small chapter for everyone to read in the meantime.

So I hope you enjoyed reading this rant, Id like to know what you thought about it but what I would really like to know is have you had to work through the Christmas holidays? If you have then lt me know what it was like and how you felt about it in the comments section below!.

Anyway again I'd like to say thanks for reasing this chapter and I am looking forward to updating this book again in the near future, I am also currently working on creating a new rant that I have been working on for the last couple of days, I wont tell you what it is about but Im hoping you will enjoy reading it as much as I have enjoyed writing it in my spare time.

See you soon! 

Sarah! x