Rant 14: Katie Hopkins

Okay so I recently got back into Wattpad, not sure how long for. I work a LOT so Im not sure when the next update to this book will be after this one, I mean it took me about 2 years to write a new chapter!

So anyway, I shall try not to offend anyone reading this but this is a matter that needs to be discussed!

KATIE HOPKINS

If you do not know who this woman is then you are a very lucky person, Katie has been very popular in the media lately because of how offensive she is. 

So it begs the question, Is Katie Hopkins the most offensive woman in the world?

Okay so Katie is a 39 year old woman who is mostly famous for being on the third season of the British television show The Apprentice, She gained the medias attention for her outspoken opinions on the other contestants of the show and also for turning down Alan Sugar's offer of a place in the finals of the show, stating childcare problems. She was also on the 2007 season of I'm a celebrity, Get me out of here! replacing a previous contestant.

But that was not how I first heard of her, I first heard of Katie Hopkins when she appeared on an episode of This morning in 2013 and stated that she judges her childrens classmates based on the names their parents gave them at birth. But what really got my attention was her claims that she didn't like people with names based on Geographical locations despite the fact that she named her own daughter India, she stated during the show that India does not relate to a location. Like are you seriously kidding me? Its a freaking country!

Anyway moving on from that it gets even worse, I mean over the years she has just become more and more controversial with the things that come out of her mouth and the things she tweets. I don't even understand why she has her own radio show, I wouldn't want to listen to her saying horrible things about innocent people, an example of this would be when she tweeted in 2013 that having a ginger baby would make it harder to love the child. I don't even understand the reasoning to this to be honest. 

Another example of what a horrible human being she is would be when she stated again on twitter that dementia patients were bed blockers... It honestly sickens me that she would insinuate that people with a known brain disease choose to be in hospitals for long periods of time, scared and confused of their surroundings.

Now everyone has their own opinions on migrants and boy does Katie have some opinions on that topic, disgustingly she compared migrants to cockroaches, called them feral humans and said that they were 'spreading like the norovirus'. After she voiced those opinions she was on the receiving end of a lot of abuse from celebrities and other members of the public with a writer from The Independent comparing her use of the word 'cockroach' to previous uses by the Nazis.

So yeah, lovely person. 

Putting aside all of this, and overlooking the fact that Katie Hopkins isn't a very nice person, She has achieved some admirable things in her life so far. She completed military training at Sandhurst but unfortunately due to an epileptic fit was unable to take up commission in the armed forces, and as mentioned before she was also offered a place in the finals of The Apprentice but turned it down. Being the person she is, she gained fame for her 'big mouth' and has appeared on a lot of different TV shows since then such as 8 out of 10 cats and Loose women. 

Basically after everything I've seen her say, I'm not a fan.

So you know my opinion on Katie Hopkins but I'd like to hear yours in the comments section! If you disagree with me on this topic in the book then I'd love for you to tell me, but unlike in previous chapters I'd appreciate it if people spoke their opinions without attacking me for my opinion. 

Anyway everyone thanks for reading this chapter of The Rant Book, I'd also like to apologize for the long wait in between chapters lately as I've been working a lot in my job as a Chef its just really difficult to find time to update Wattpad when I'm not completely shattered. 

Thanks for reading and being incredibly patient everyone, you have no idea how much I appreciate each and every one of the readers who click on my books.

Have a great day and watch out for more chapters!