♦Chapter Seventeen♦

♦Chapter Seventeen♦
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I didn't tell them anything," I cried, "Please Carly, you have to believe me. I said I don't know what happened, that I passed out and woke up here. I'm not going to tell them it was you--"

"Of course you won't tell them it was me," She answered slowly as if I was stupid. I probably was.

I nodded pathetically.

"You'll say it was Cassie Evans." She looked at me straight in the eyes, her stare unwavering and cold.

"What?" I breathed.

She walked closer to me, her finger trailing slowly and dangerously above the colourful blankets that Harry had brought me. "That's right," She continued. Her straight, blonde hair cascaded around her face, moving softly with her movements.

"When you're better, you're going to have to write a statement. Say that it was Cassie Evans who bullied you when you first came in to the school. Then one day she asked for your lunch card but you said no, you gave it to your sister - me - but she got angry and attacked you."

I blinked and leaned back. her words were entering my mind, breaking up then putting themselves back together again.

Lie to the authorities about someone whom I barely even knew?

"W-why Cassie?"

She was up in my face all of a sudden, her face red and her lips twisted in a frown. I looked down at her hands and realized they were bunched up in tight fists; so tight the white of her knuckles showed.

"You're so lucky that you're already in hospital," She hissed harshly, "Fucking look at me when I talk to you!"

I raised my head immediately, only to flinch back by the hardness of her glare.

"Watch yourself you little bitch," She sneered. Then she pushed herself away and exhaled loudly. "Bloody hell even your breathing pisses me off."

Unconsciously I held my breath. Luckily, she left after that comment and the boys came back in.

"Good news," Liam exclaimed.

"You're discharged anytime from now!" Niall shrieked.

Liam hit him on the head, causing Niall to frown. "I was going to say that!" Liam whined.

Niall rolled his eyes, "Oh please. Go bitch to Harry or something."

"LANGUAGE!" Louis screamed, leaping over Zayn's outstretched legs (he sat beside me as soon as he came in) and covered Niall's lips.

Zayn gave me a blank look before rolling his eyes as if saying 'those idiots'. 

I gave him a smile and he grinned in return. 

Brunette hair popped out of nowhere and Harry was hugging me to his body.

"Oh my gosh, baby's alright!" His voice was muffled in to my shoulder.

My eyebrows scrunched up together. Baby..?

Finally he pulled away but turned to face Zayn.

Finally Zayn held his hands up in defeat and stood up. I watched him walk to the other side of the small room and plop himself down on the plastic chair. Then he pulled out his phone.

"Hey sweetheart," I directed my attention to Harry, who's big hand was covering my face... I think he mean't to be caressing it. I couldn't hold back the giggles.

He removed his hand and gave me a huge grin so he looked the the Cheshire cat.

"This weekend when you're feeling better, how about a Maggie and Harry day out, huh?" He asked softly.

I looked down at our entwined hands, finding it funny the way that his large hands made my small ones look even... Tinier. "Okie dokes."

"Did you get that?" Louis suddenly shouted.

Liam smacked him on the head too but Niall gave him the thumbs up with the hand that wasn't holding his phone.

Then Harry's phone beeped and he pulled it out.

He rolled his eyes before showing me whatever it was.

I was familiar with Twitter - Zayn usually messed around on it whilst I was on his lap - so when Harry showed me the recent picture of me and him smiling at each other, I blushed.

Then it beeped again and it moved down. Another one of when I looked up at Louis' loud voice and saw Niall holding his phone came up. You could tell that I'd just been smiling but my mouth was in an 'O' shape and I looked slightly shocked.

This tomato thing has gone way too far...

"Really guys..." Harry muttered, "Really?"

Niall and Louis nodded.

"Where's Carly?" Zayn's attention was back on us momentarily as he scanned the room.

Louis answered. "She went to get a drink for herself."

"What happened to your friends?" Harry called my attention back on him, playing with my hair softly. 

"Maddie, Sheridan and Thalia? Oh, they left a while ago." I explained. "They wanted to know what happened."

His eyes widened slightly and he spoke softly. "About that, what happened?"

I coughed and blinked slowly. "Um, some girl in the upper years tried to bully me." I stared at my hands the whole time.

Harry gasped.

"Don't worry, you're safe now. She'll regret trying to even talk to you!" Harry was standing now whilst I struggled to hold back useless tears.

"What? What happened?" Louis asked, looking as confused as everyone else.

Carly had come in now and was sitting on Zayn's lap as she sipped on her drink as she watched the scene unfold. 

"Maggie just told me that some girl tried to bully her," He explained. their expressions were mirroed: outrage.

"We're going to your school tomorrow, and you're staying at home all week." Louis said seriously. 

I looked up.

"Aw, there's no need to cry love," Harry wrapped a long arm around my shoulders.

I blinked fiercely and wiped at my cheeks.

I felt so horrible!

Carly however looked pretty unaffected, only putting on a mask of worry on her face. For the first time ever, I wanted to slap her face.

And slap the pretense off it too.

If I had died, who knows what she would have done? Cassie might have been facing charges for murder right now!

I glared at her underneath the curtain of my hair as more rivers flowed down my cheeks.

Harry was now pulling me in to his chest and his scent engulfed me; he smelt of apples and warmth. I only cried more and felt more bodies against ours as their scents mixed.

I now sorta wish I had died because I don't deserve their sympathy, love and kindness. And neither did Carly.

Maybe she was more evil than I had given her credit for.

------------

*Snifs*. Dang it Carls, just stop okay! Harry, you're giving me feels.

Marrie moment! Lol - Marrie. #Marrie!! Thanks for all of your comments and votes and reads and absolutely everything! Hopefully things get better for the crew. Who's looking for Marrie's outing on the weekends (Harry and Maggie).

Have a extraodinHarry weekend! Lol ♥

~Peace