♦Chapter Fifteen♦

♦Chapter Fifteen♦
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maggie's P.O.V: (at last)

"I have a really long time to live."

I'm only eleven and a half and I feel as if I've gone through so much. Maybe it's stupid, it probably is actually. So many girls go through abuse all the time.

But that doesn't make it right. I wish I could do something for them, but I can barely do anything for myself. That makes me weak and pathetic. 

Here I am, stuck in a hospital bed, when they're out there, bleeding out. Living worse lives.

Carly's really right. I'm nothing but a waste of space that doesn't deserve the time of day. Instead, I'm wasting valuable resources and money by having to rely on the medical staff, the boys. All the people I rely on.

I wish that when Carly had stuck my head down the toilet multiple times, she'd ended it right there and then. I wish that when she'd cut my back, she'd accidentally cut too deep or too much. I wish that when she made me run outside, I'd caught fatal pneumonia and passed.

Because obviously my parents didn't want me if I'd ended up in a orphanage just a while after I was born.

They saw something in me that Carly recognized. So they'd chosen to not burden themselves.

I didn't realize I was crying even as my vision blurred. I didn't know that I was crying when a tissue had been placed in front of my face.

It was soft and fluffy and felt good against my cheeks. But did I really deserve all of this good stuff? The big room and the cool friends? Carly? Did I deserve Carly?

She's obviously wasting her time on a useless nobody like me.

I heard what the doctors said when they pulled out Louis to talk about me. They said I was under weight and quiet small for my age.

I'm guessing, hoping, praying, that they didn't see the marks on my back. 

It was hard enough spluttering out how I didn't remember who'd done this to me.

But the thing is, how could I explain that I did this to myself?

"It's okay baby," Zayn squeezed me tighter against his torso. "It's alright. We'll get the person who did this."

I wanted to laugh and laugh and never stop.

How can you get the person when that person was me?

Third Person's P.O.V:

She fell in to a restless slumber, tossing and turning ever so often. Awake, she would kill herself with dangerous thoughts.

Asleep, the dreams, nightmares, would never let her rest.

Either way, she was not free. And they could only fear that the worst was yet to come.

"Harry, Niall and Carly are at McDonald's now, do you guys want anything?" Liam asked as he looked up from his phone.

They'd been sitting in silence, occasionally speaking since Maggie had drifted off after crying. She hadn't spoken to anything after her strange outburst.

"I have a really long time to live."

It gave Zayn shivers when he thought about the simplicity she'd whispered it with. Her face had showed no emotion, and for the first time he felt as if there may be much more to Maggie than he could have ever wandered.