♦Chapter Twelve♦

♦Chapter Twelve♦

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So what's up?" Sheridan squealed, bumping in to Maddie.

"Um, the sky?" Maddie blinked shyly, confusing me. Maddie was anything but shy. And why did she say that? Only I...

"You guys are so mean!" I mumbled, shoving them playfully. At least with the group, I knew that they were just messing about. "I can't believe that you guys watched it." I need not say that a pinkish colour was settling on my cheeks.

They burst out laughing at my reaction. Sheridan rolled her eyes and placed her hand on my shoulder - this was another thing that I knew held no threat - and she said; "Pah-leeze. My big sister's the biggest Directioner I know."

"And I heard the guys were going to be on so I decided to take a look for like, two minutes. Then I saw them announcing your presence so I was like, this'll be interesting."

"You totally stole the spotlight." Another voice cut in. Thalia came out of nowhere, harbouring an apple in her hand. "I'm sorry, but no amount of make-up can make Carly look pretty."

"Who's talking about Carly?" Stace asked.

I would be freaked out and slightly pissed at them coming out of nowhere and butting themselves into the conversation if I wasn't used to it in the last two weeks that I'd known them.

"I am." Thalia declared, "She's a bit..."

"Fake?"

"Annoying?"

"Desperate?"

"Hot?"

"Weird. I was going to say weird." Thalia dead panned, giving Jamie a blank look. "Hot. Seriously?"

He batted his eye lashes innocently and folded his arms across his chest loosely. "Something you're not?"

"Jamie," I stifled my laughter. "Run."

He took of without further encouragement as Thalia yelled profanities at him whilst she sprinted after him.

"Watch where you're going, prick!"

In an act of involuntary movement, my head snapped up, along with probably the entire lunch room.

To say what I saw was shocking, would be an understatement. Carly was blushing profusely yet at the same time was holding her head up high and rolling her eyes, something she did commonly when she tried to play something off.

Cassia looked infuriated, glaring blatantly at Carly.

Unlike the wannabe blacksmith, Carly didn't reply. She simply ran a hand through her hair and scanned the room. Unfortunately we made eye contact and her own anger seemed to flare up. Her being called out in the interview last night had given her a content, careless aura.

But now, I knew I was in for it.

"Well don't just stand there, find a solution to this!" She continued, gesturing at her now non existent tray.

"Calm down Cass, I've got this." Carly muttered, walking away from the rude minx of a creature. Familiar icy blue eyes burned in to mine and she gave me a blank look. Stalking towards our group in the line, she smiled sweetly at my friends. "I need to talk to my little sister."

I shivered as the words left her mouth.

Little sister?

She didn't wait for a response before dragging me away.

"See you guys next period." I waved, allowing a miniscule smile to show on my face.

Maggie looked confused, her jaw ticking quickly which showed she was thinking. "Yeah..."

As the lunch room resumed its natural sound level, we disappeared in ti an almost empty hallway but kept going until we reached the ladies toilets.

"Carly, please stop." I begged as my eyes widened at the possibilities of punishments she had in mind.

She snorted, pushing the door open. "Are you telling me what to do?"

Hurriedly, I shook my head. "No, I'm sorry."

"You will be."

Sobs raked my body as she screamed at the only other girl in the bathroom with us. I barely heard the threats she gave if the girl so much as spoke her name.

She then locked the door behind the girl and entered one of the toilets, grasping my hair in her tight grip, she placed her other hand on the flusher.

"I heard Ariel's your favorite Disney Princess." She said mockingly. "So tell me, does that help you hold you breath any longer?"

The nerves in my stomach reached their all time high and I started taking quick, short breaths.

"Carly no - please."

She spat out a chuckle before pushing my head in to the overused toilet and flushing it.

Cold water spun around my face, up my nose and latched on to my hair.

I knew how this worked. Don't panic and you lose less air. But it was so hard, the lack of air was starving my lungs making them burn.

"Ready for round two?"

As soon as she lifted my head up, she pushed it back in. Vomit was lodged in my throat, as well as my screams.

This continued for a while. Probably a couple of minutes, but it felt more like hours. Finally she let me go, sending a hard kick in to my side a second later.

"You're such a handful," She tsked, "Like c'mon. Its just a little water."

And even smaller air which could have caused me permanent brain damage. Thank God she stopped.

"Oh yeah, pass me your card, i need to buy myself some lunch after that bitch bumped in to me." She walked from the sink to the paper towel dispenser to dry her washed hands.

I thought she was going to help me up when she reached forward, but turns out she only wanted to rip the blue lanyard off my neck.

I whimpered as she walked away.

My chest hurt badly and I was harbouring silent sobs. I don't know what I've ever done to Carly, but surely it wasn't worth all of this?

Slowly, I slipped in to a blanket of darkness, the three walls and door that trapped me in the messy cubicle disappeared and the pain went away.

Is this how it feels like to die? Painless and free? Free from evil, wickedness and sorrow? Free from Carly?

Because if it is...

I like it.

-------------------------------------

Written on my phone so apologies for mistakes seen above! I'm so ill right now, my throat is actually just being a female dog. Anywho, I've got your boyfriend at my crib watching Netflix. Or Sky, whichever suits.

Sorry for the delay, my mum advised me not to use gadgets too much - makes my head hurt more. On the bright side, my little brothers are slaving for me!!

Carly is unbelievable isn't she?

Thanks for the votes comments and all that jazz, see ya'll on the other siiiiide.

~Peace