Chapter Seventeen; Sweetly Complete

Author's Note; hey guys! I hope you all had lovely Christmasses and got everything you wanted! :-) Well, here's the next chapter, this story is almost coming to an end, awe, only one chapter+an epilogue after this, aweee. :(

Anyway, enjoy! :3

p.s [added in 27th Dec.] - sorry for the inconvenience yesterday of this chapter dissappearing! It's annoying, and happened before, but now it's restored, with it's comments and votes and everything. -.- Well, at least it's up now again, anyway. :-)

Sweetly Yours

Chapter Seventeen; Sweetly Complete

Oh, my, gosh.

Oh, my, gosh.

Oh, my, gosh.

Oh, my, gosh!

Okay. Calm down. Breathe in, and breathe out. Steady there. Focus. We don’t need another fainted episode. Calm, steady breaths, clear head.

Now, let’s assess the situation, shall we?

I had just told Kye the entire story (well, minus a few little details) of my time here, along with why I actually ended up here in the first place. And as soon as I had finished, Jamie decides, ‘oh, now seems like the perfect time to announce my presence! Oh, who really cares if it makes Farah go absolutely bonkers with embarrassment, worry, confusion and nerves? Well, I don’t care, obviously!’  

So there was no telling how much Jamie had heard, because for some sneaky reason, he had stayed quiet and eavesdropped. Oh, well this just peachy.

Right then, sneak a glance over at Jamie. Yeah, that sounds like a good plan.

With a frantic jerk of my head, my eyes took a brief glance at Jamie, taking in his facial expression and ‘vibe’, before darting away again.

He seemed . . . okay? He didn’t look annoyed, thankfully, or angry, actually—there was no trace of negative emotion to be found on his face. Instead, he looked really calm. He looked ultra calm, in fact. Perhaps, he even looked a little too calm to be true?

There was no negative emotion to be found upon his face, no, but there wasn’t anything positive lying there either. Neutral—his expression was a cool, calm neutral. He radiated a vibe of collected casualness.

And I didn’t like it at all, not one bit.

My cheeks were dotted with a burning heat, and I turned my attention to a stiffly still Kye. Obviously he knew that this wasn’t good, either. “Kye,” I started quickly, “I . . . I think it would be best if you, well, disappeared to somewhere else, um, for a little while.”

Kye, thankfully, caught onto the hint and bolted up out of the stool. “Right, yeah, okay. I need to go and . . . admire my wall, anyway. Yeah. Okay, then. Bye. Have fun, kiddies. Or not. Whatever. It’s not like I care.” I shot him a murderous, ‘get out of here now or I will make you’ look. “Right-y ho, la, la, la; um, well, I guess this is adios, amigos.”

He left the room with a hasty stride, and with his presence gone an air of awkwardness began to form, a silence surrounding both Jamie and I.

No, I thought defiantly. We were going to talk about this anyway. I was going to tell Jamie everything anyway. The fact that Kye now knows is irrelevant. He poses no threat. Okay, so maybe Jamie has the right to be a little bit annoyed that I told Kye first, but still. That’s nothing major, right? It’s just a little blimp in the course.