Epilogue; Sweetly Yours

• 点播给 to all of my sweet readers!<3

 Sweetly Yours

Epilogue; Sweetly Yours

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

The snow lay generously on the ground, covering my boots nearly to the top. Each step I took left thick, deep footprints behind me in a snowy trail. My steps were hasty, the wind nipping at my cheeks and nose. I shivered as a bitter gust blew my way suddenly.

I made my way through the happy little street, feeling a sense of déjà vu as I headed to my destination of that quaint little shop which held so many sweet memories. As the familiar shop window with its adorable and delectable Christmas display came into view, I smiled.

I all but ran to the shop’s wooden door, rushing inside of the warm, happy little shop, extremely eager to escape the harsh, bitter cold of the snowy outside world.

The familiar tinkling chime of the doorbell greeted me merrily, and I was immediately met by a burst of the delicious, mouth watering aromas of chocolate, icing, and other sugary sweet delights.

Closing my eyes for a brief moment, I smiled in contentment; this place was like my home away from home.

Actually, I was here so frequently, it could probably be considered the other way around, my real home being my home away from home, and this sweet haven being my main home. And you know what? I was perfectly fine with that—ecstatic, actually.

I wiped my boots onto the door mat, leaving behind a mound of snow that had clung to the suede material. Stepping forward with a spring in my step, I met the murky green eyes of the very attractive boy over the counter with a wide smile. "Hey," I said cheerily, skipping right up to the counter and giving him a quick kiss, smack bang on his luscious pink lips, "look what I've got!" I revealed a package from behind my back, shaking the little gift in my hands teasingly.  

Jamie pouted adorably. "You know I hate surprises," he grumbled.

“And don’t I know it,” I laughed, thinking back to last year, and the gift I had bought him.

Ah, that gift.

If you’re wondering, which, I suppose you are, that certain little gift was, well, a small box filled to the brim with ‘love hearts’, you know, the little heart shaped sweets?

Original, I know.

But you have to admit, it was very, very fitting.

I tuned back into the present to see Jamie—otherwise known as my boyfriend of ten months—crossing his arms over his chest and looking crestfallen in an attempt to soften me up like butter, so that I would tell him the contents of my little package.

Oh, there was no chance of that happening!

I gave him a careless little shrug, "so? I love them! It's Christmas, Jay, surprises are part of the whole package."

"Surprises are overrated," he told me, ducking behind the counter for a moment, "but since I know you love them so much, I did happen to buy this," he brought up his own little gift into my view, shaking it about as I had done previously with my own, his muscles tensing and flexing through his t-shirt.

Ooh, yummy.

Tell me again, how on Earth was it that I managed to bag this boy?

It’d be our year’s anniversary in February—something I was anticipating with much excitement. We had started out slow, admittedly, but it was oh, so very worth it.

"Awe, you're so sweet!" I cooed, pinching one of his pink cheeks lightly, before tapping it twice and dropping my arm, leaning my elbow on the counter.

Jamie also leaned down, levelling his gorgeous face with mine. He grinned coyly, his pearly whites glinting under the warm glow of the shop light. "Oh, really; sweet, you say? Well then, I suppose you could say that I'm . . ." He waggled his eyebrows before continuing with a cheeky wink,

"Sweetly yours."

*

A/N:

Well guys, this is it, ohmygosh.

Sweetly Yours is over! :(

Even though I finished it in November, posting this epilogue just makes it seem more real. Oh gawd, how will I survive without Jamie and Farah? My babies. D:

And no, I didn't include Kye in that previous statement. For top secret reasons that may or may not involve a spin-off. But you totally didn't just read that, okay? We'll just have to wait and see. -wink-

I just want to take the time to thank-you all of my readers [and any future readers of this], commenters, voters, and even silent readers--I love you all. Thank-you for taking the time my story. It means so much. This is my first completed 'novel', and I really appreciate you all for your support and encouragement.

THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU!

Sweetly Yours,

Emily :-) <3