Chapter Sixteen; Sweetly Sharing

Author's Note; I don't really like this chapter, it really needs working on, but I had to give you guys an early Christmas present, right? Enjoy, and I hope you all have a very merry Christmas! :D 

Sweetly Yours

Chapter Sixteen; Sweetly Sharing

This was it.

This was the moment were I was going to spill out all of the events that had took place these past few days, every last bit, every nitty, gritty detail.

This was the time that I was going to share the story. My story. Jamie and I’s story, however unfinished it may be, was going to be told.

But why, I do wonder, did the job role land onto Kye Bright; to be the eager, attentive ears?

Fate, these past few days, had developed a habit of constantly surprising me.

And sometimes, just sometimes, I surprised myself.

Like agreeing to tell Kye the story, for one.

And the rest? Well, the all occurred within the story.

Perhaps I should relieve Kye of his curiosity now, before he explodes with anticipation.

I took a breath, meeting the older brother of my crush straight in the eyes. “Well, you already know some, so I guess—“

Kye gave me a flat look, arching a brow. “Farah. I want the whole story. That means right from the very beginning, all of it, every nitty gritty detail—except maybe for when you get it on, you can spare me the details then,” Kye winked, and I pulled a face. “But, just, well, yeah. Forget that I know anything. Forget that I’m, well, me. Just talk.”

I nodded, “okay, yeah, okay. Well, here we go! Oh gosh, I can’t believe I’m actually doing this,” I composed myself, rolling back my shoulders and slowly exhaling through my nose. I attempted to loosen up my body, trying to relax, but it was no use.

My palms were sweaty and shaking.

I couldn’t think properly.

I wanted, for some unknown and mystifying reason, to cry. Just curl up and bawl my eyes out in a corner. Tears pricked at the corners of my eyes, and I hastily blinked in an attempt to make them disappear. This didn’t go unnoticed by Kye.

His eyes widened, and his face contorted into a guilty expression. “Hey, Farah, are you alright . . . ? If it’s gonna make you upset . . . You don’t have to, I mean . . .” He trailed off, biting his lip, reaching a hand out anxiously, letting it hang it mid air.

For a few seconds, I just sat there, taking a few steady breaths and wiping my eyes.

Why was I getting so emotional?

I mean, all I was doing was telling Kye the story. It wasn’t that much of a big deal, was it? I mean, okay then, he would be the first person I’d be telling about the events that happened here, at the Bright’s house, but still. I was going to talk about it all with Jamie—well, if he ever woke up, that is—and as soon as I got home I would be on the phone to Phoebe, moaning and gushing to my best friend.

So really now, what was with all of the sudden tears?

Maybe . . . maybe it was because this would be the first time telling someone the whole story.

Because no matter how much I wanted to deny it, the story was personal. Deeply personal. Somehow, both the story and Jamie had lodged itself deep into my heart, and they weren’t coming out of there anytime soon. It scared me, it really did—crushes weren’t meant to be this complicated, were they?