Chapter Eleven; Sweetly Scarred

Author's Note; So I had to give another dedication to slimsalvatore because I know that she'll love this chapter. xD

Sweetly Yours

Chapter Eleven; Sweetly Scarred

My so-called 'nap' lasted a good two hours.

During that time, I'd slept cosily for about half an hour, right at the very end.

The rest of the nap time I had spent thinking. Mulling over. Planning. Stressing. Questioning.

Yeah, just your average old thought session, really.

I had decided that worrying about the Jamie situation wasn't the right way to go. Neither was avoiding him--both would lead to awkward, embarrassing encounters and conversations. And so, I had came up with a new plan; which was sparkling and perfect, because it meant that if I followed the plan through, I would appear normal.

Yes, normal. I had trouble believing it at first, too.

This brand new, normal-ifying plan was to just take everything as it comes along, acting completely, wait for it--normal. This would include actually having some eye-contact with Jamie, some light, friendly conversations, and just all around acknowledging his existence, really. I wouldn't be acting as though the confessions hadn't been, well, confessed, I simply wouldn't be using them to worry and make awkward situations out of.

I would simply be normal.

And this time, it was going to happen. ProperlyI wasn't letting anything getting in the way.

Every thought, action, speech, would be first questioned, "is this a normal thing to do?"

It was fool proof, or at least, I hoped it was.

I had concluded that if Jamie decided that he wanted to talk about everything, then I would talk about it with him. However, I refused to become the instigator of the conversation, so to speak. I had decided to just enjoy this little 'holiday', as Mrs Bright had put it, and look forward to returning home tomorrow. Everything would work out perfectly fine. Everyone would be happy. A happy ending for the end of this adventure, I suppose you could call it.

With that final thought on the dreaded Jamie situation, I flung the covers off of me, getting out of bed reluctantly and shivering slightly as the sudden cold sent an icy chill through my body. I fixed up the bed covers, smoothing out all of the creases, before proceeding to do the same to my poor, rumpled and dishevelled clothes. Slowly and reluctantly, I then proceeded to make my way out of the room, my head feeling a lot better than I had done before the nap time, despite not actually getting much of a nap out of it.

I decided to take a quick detour to the bathroom, so I'd hopefully be able to fix up my appearance a little, already knowing that I looked terrible. As I pushed open the door to the bathroom, the extreme white brightness of the room greeted me, causing me to squint painfully for a second or two.  I made my way over to the large, pristine mirror that hung proudly above the sink without giving the rest of the room a glance or second thought.

As my eyes met my horrifying reflection, an uncontrollable grimace formed upon my lips as I took in the sight before me. Dirty, crumpled clothes, a wild head of frizzy bed hair, a sour as a lemon expression and a make-up free face greeted my icy eyes as I looked at the mirror in utter disgust.

How attractive.

Bet Jamie would love a piece of this,  I thought sarcastically, raising an eyebrow up at my shoddy reflection.