Too good for me 13

• Dedicated to Everyone! I haven't updated in forever so I'm sorry <3

I walked out of the school fuming. Stupid Jake, Stupid Trevor. They can go far, far away and stay there! I just wanted this unnecessary, stupid, ridiculous drama out of my life.

I heard Hunter behind me. "Hunter, Don't."

"Don't what?" His deep voice said.

"Don't try and convince me that everything will be okay, don't try and tell me 'they're just jerks; it's what they do, and don't try and convince me anything because I know the truth. I know life is just a series of disappointments." I looked away.

"Angie," I didn't meet his eyes. He tried again. "Angela." This time I looked up. "I'm going to convince you that everything will be okay, 'cause it will. I'm going to tell you 'they're just jerks, it's what they do'; because it's true. And I don't doubt for a minute that you know the truths behind life but, life isn't what you think it is... It's what you make out of it."

"But Hunter." I sighed.

"No buts. I want you to brush the thing with Jake off, he's nothing." He looked at me and smiled.

"If he's nothing, than why does he bothering me? If I didn't care for him and thought he was nothing, it wouldn't bother but it does. A lot." I said honestly.

I wasn't blind, I could see what I said about Jake and Trevor hurt Hunter, but why? Why does he care?

"Angie, you dated both of them... Of course it'll bug you, but it should bug you but you still should be able to brushed it off."

I looked at him, intensely. "It bugs me so much. It bugs me to a point where I literally CAN'T brush it off."

Hunter sighed. "Okay, Angie, Wanna know why?! Because Jake is a jerk and a player and what he is doing is holding onto you know matter how much you try and leave. He has a little part of you with him and he is causing as much pain to that little piece as he can."

"You don't understand! It's bothering me!" I yelled, immediately regretting it.

"Well, I'm flattered you're letting me get to you so much." I heard someone.

I whipped around to see Jake doing his legendary smirk. I smirked back. "Don't flatter yourself too much, asshole."

"Too late." He winked.

"Jake, just back off. Give her some time, k?" Hunter tried to reason.

"Shut up, emo boy." He said, venom soaking his voice.

"Okay Jake." I sighed. "You win. Is that what you wanna hear? That stupid game you live on is done. You win because I quit. I surrender. Whatever the hell you wanna hear."

"Well that's no fun." He frowned.

"Go run some other girl dry. I'm not falling for it." I smiled.

"You already did fall for it though." He laughed.

"Yeah, but I'm so done. I'll never fall for it again. Oh! And as for Trevor, you can tell him the same thing."

"You know how you said that you're done with my game?" He asked.

"Yes" I said with a little sass.

"Well the game doesn't end." He smiled.

"Okay Jake! Back off!" Hunter yelled.

"What'cha gonna do about it?" Jake's smile only widened. He stepped closer to Hunter until he was towering above Hunter.

"Fuck you." Hunter said and threw a punch.

"Okay! This is getting ridiculous!" I put myself in between them. "Hunter, thanks for trying to defend me but this is my problem and I need to fix it and Jake, just give it up." After that I walked away.