Too good for me 12

Chapter 12 ~ Let the games begin, bitch.

After that I went and sat on the steps in front of the school. I stopped crying as soon as I WAs away from them.  

The school passed fast! 

Trevor was a jerk all along, right?Or was it a phase? Damn this is hard. Not hard- impossible. 

I heard the door close lightly behind me, I instantley thought it was Hunter. He sat beside me and grabbed my hand, hmm.. his hand was smoother? 

I looked and saw Trevor. I ripped my hand out of his and stood up. I started clapping "Good job. Your little act, yeah at first it was cute, then it got to me. So congrats on being such a damn good actor because I THOUGHT you cared about me."  

"Angie, can we please just talk?" He begged in his voice and eyes. 

"I've said all I need to." I shrugged and turned around about to walk.  

Trevor's hand grasped mine "Yeah, but I haven't said a word." 

"I'm not interested in your script"  

"Angie, please let me say what I need to." He put one hand on my shoulder. 

I shrugged it off "You know Trevor, my dad used to always say 'lifes a game' and I never believed it because I didn't get it, but thanks to you Trev, I do. Life's a game, because there are so many players." I smiled and walked away.  

I heard him sigh but, that's too bad for him. I was walking and I saw Jake, he had a black hoodie on with his hood up. His sand blonde shag peeking out from under his hood. He had his hand in his pockets he looked sad, and innocent a side I havent seen. 

I stood there and took it in. He started to bite his lip. His eyes were wide and full of sorrow. His body was slouched.  

I walked past him, he caught a glance of me and gave me a fake half smile. I stopped once I passed him and sighed. Ugh I hated myself for what I was about to do. "Jake?" 

"Hmmm.." He mumbled. Wow, he was completely out of it. 

"What's wrong?" I turned around to see that he was looking at me.  

"What isn't?" He walked away. 

I just watched him walk away. That was a side of Jake that made me feel for him.. 

I saw Cami walking and ran to her. "Hey, this Friday, girls night out/ sleepover?"  

She instantley smiled huge "Sounds like sooooo much fun! I'll be there!"  

"Awesome" I smiled. 

Then I saw Hunter walk out of the school and instantley pull out a cigarette, he then noticed me while he was lighting his cigarette and winked. I skipped to him. "Smoking is bad for you!"  

"So is stress " He smiled and messed up my hair. 

"Hunter !" I whined, then hit him. 

He started to laugh, I tried to hold in my laughter but I couldn't. Before I knew it I cracked up. "Jerk!" I yelled. He just laughed and side hugged me. Cami examined us and smiled.  

"What?" I asked 

"Ohhh, nothing" then she skipped away.  

I looked at him and shrugged then smiled.  

"Well I should go"  

"Want a ride home ?" He asked, hopeful. 

"Umm yeah ... that would be great" I smiled.