Too good for me

I walked out of my patio door, desperate to get away from my angered parents. Yelling, fighting (emotionally and physically) I've witnessed it all, and could of gone my whole life without any of it.  

I went to the forest, my sanctuary, my home, my getaway, I use it for everything, whether it's just sitting there after a family fight, trying to un-tense my muscles or if it's sneaking out for a make-out session with a hot new guy. 

I sat on the fallen over tree and stared at the pond. It looked so relaxed, kind of like me. It would be so relaxed and then with a simple blow it would explode in a bunch of mini shocks that took time to stop. 

"ANGELA!!!!!!!!!!" My physco mother screamed "COME ON!!!!! GET IN HERE!!!!"  

I sighed and got up, leaving behind every little bit of relaxation I had. 

When, I arrived in the house my mom was sitting on the worn couch having a cigarrette and a glass of pure vodka. I looked at her with disgust, what an alcholic but, I was very suprised she wasn't smoking her weed.  

On my way to my room, I ran into my dad and smiled "Hey dad" I said and he simple nodded and continued walking.  

My dad wasn't that bad, it was my mom. She smoked, she drank, she cheated on my dad yet, he was completely clueless, and I couldnt even tell him because my mother threatened my life (told you she was a physco). 

I arrived in my room and grabbed a pair of p.j's and went to have a shower.  

I hopped in the shower and released my curly brown hair out of the pony. I washed it with my favourite shampoo and conditioner, Strawberry-lilac, and washed up. 

Once I got out, I went to grab a quick bowl of cereal before I went to sleep but, was interrupted by my mom's yelling "WHAAT?!?!?! Absoulutley not. No way."  

I sighed and walked out to see what the fuss was about. Uh-oh. Cops. Were they onto my mother's drug habit? " hello officer..." I checked his name tag "Durham, may I help you?" I said in a polite voice. 

"Yes, now that I think of it you can. Would you like to move, you know to different parents" He asked with a hopeful grin. 

"Uh... I don't know how to reply to that. Help me. Why?" I asked 

"Well," A quiet guy on the corner of the couch, dressed in cargo pants and a blue cardigan, took over " I am Tristan, and I am a social worker. Nice to meet you Angela. And I got a call about an hour ago from a local neighbour and they were saying that theres constant yelling and fighting coming from this house."  

"T-their not yelling at me." I partially lied. 

" I'm not implying they are ... I'm saying that there is no way for a young lady between the ages of 6-17 to grow up here and be nurtured correctly. Have all your basic needs been correctly answered?" He asked. 

"Well, some, but, noone gets exactly what they want." I said. 

" I'm talking about the neccessities of a teenage girls life, is there always food? What about toothpaste? How bout water? Is there tampons in your reach at all times?"  

"OkAY! Enough! I don't want to talk about my period!" I yelled. There was something about people bringing up the red dot that made me mad. 

"Answer the question Angela. This is for the best." 

I sighed, the fight was over. "No. There's not always food in the house. Toothpaste? My dad smuggles some in the morning for me. Filthy tap water is usually what we have." I clenched my teeth. " And as for tampons.... I have to use toilet paper."  

"Well, thats the perfect amount of info we need, and well, Angela, pack your bags because your developing horrific traits from your parents every second." Officer Durham said. 

I sighed. This was bound to happen. I slowly walked to my room and packed my bags trying to hold back the tears and trying to drown out the sound of my mothers constant shreiks.

****************************1/2 hour later*******************************************

"Im packed" I told Tristan.  

" We found you a home in record time! A family from San Fransico has been looking for a girl around the ages of 15-17. And your perfectly wedged in there as a sixteen year old! This family qualified as soon as I reviewed their file" Tristan smirked and tugged at the collar of his cardigan with his head held high.  

I rolled my eyes..."WAIT SAN FRANSICO!?!?!?!?!" I screamed. Thats absoulutley crazy.  

"Calm down. This is a hip neighbourhood your moving to. An excellent school and theres a sixteen year old boy too!"  

"Awesome.... a brother" I groaned. 

Tristan shuffled me out the door. "Come on!"  

Once out the door I looked back and waved to my dad "Bye, dad. I love you, and Im so sorry."  

"Its alright Ang Ang" he held me in a tight fatherly "I love you too." 

"I love you honey" Mother slurred. 

"Get your words straight , you bitch!!" I cussed.