➵ | twenty five- a new friendship.

AFTER LISTENING TO the voice for a while thana had passed out. draco had carried her to the hospital room and waited beside her bed for her to wake up, completely ignoring the golden trio who were also in the room for rons leg. blaise, theo, cedric, trevor and hailey had showed up too and joined draco in the waiting. dumbledore had entered the room too and was now talking to harry and hermione. thana had been awake for a while now, she just enjoyed listening without having to explain. the voice, voldemorts voice and his words were still in her head, on repeat like a song. but this wasn't a song she'd play on repeat. she had been thinking about something funny to say when she opened her eyes but decided to go with a 'boo'. no one laughed.

she sat up, ignoring the hugs and questions and rubbed her eyes. "i wake up, finally, and you don't even laugh at my boo? five minutes ago you were still crying, well i'm here now, appreciate me or i'll take another nap." hailey started laughing through her tears and hugged her, "i missed you bitch." draco shook his head, "you were whispering some weird story and then you just passed out, making me have to talk to harry and the uncle person."

draco, who had been waiting patiently, seemed to be done. he pushed hailey away and told everyone to get out, making sure the curtain was closed before hugging her tightly, eventually pulling back to hold her hand as he sat beside her. "you weren't whispering. i heard everything. and potter is moving in with uncle person," thana chuckled softly, looking at their hands as she ignored the feeling, the feeling she got every time she was with or even thought about draco, as she corrected him, "god father." draco playfully rolled his eyes, "and i talked to my father and he said you could live with us. of course you could also live with blaise, i'm sure he'd love to live with you too." the sarcasm in his voice made thana frown at him and playfully push him a bit, "too huh?" draco's eyes widened at her words and he shook his head, "not like that! it's just he likes you and i'm sure he would love to live with you in a non friendship way, unlike me." thana nodded, not the answer she wished to get. "that's really nice of you, can i just come with you this summer? i don't know where i'll be staying after that but if i could stay this summer it would be appreciated." draco nodded again and awkwardly let go of her hand, laying down next to her as she closed her eyes, laid her head down on his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

they both fell asleep not that much later, being awakened by the chair blaise 'accidentally' kicked over when he saw them. he mumbled a soft sorry and watched them as they woke up, rubbing their eyes with a somewhat confused look on their faces, along with a soft blush they both tried to hide. theo chuckled, breaking the awkward silence. "everyone's in the great hall, wanna come with us?" thana nodded excitedly, she needed to talk to harry and she didn't know what her telling him she was moving in with the malfoy family would do to him, so she decided telling him in a place where he couldn't fight draco or her would be the best thing to do.

when they got to the great hall, on the way there draco and blaise had an argument about who should be the one to have their arm around thana for support but by the time they decided to both put one arm theo had already walked away with her, everyone had already left. they decided to go look outside and somehow ended up getting there faster than harry and his fans did. so as they stood there, theo and thana laughing at one of blaise's jokes, draco mumbled something, getting the attention of his friends. "a firebolt? a firebolt?!" draco crossed his arms and shook his head as harry flew away.

once the boy who lived was back on the ground thana immediately went over to him, dragging him away from the others. "i'm gonna talk now and please don't get mad at me," she gave him some time to nod and continued. "as you probably know now, we're not siblings. apparently i'm part of the merlin family or something but i have no idea who my real parents are. good news, you don't have to pretend to like me because we are 'family' anymore, bad news for you, kinda good news for me, i'm moving in with draco. well not really moving in, its just this summer and after that, i don't know." out of all the reactions he could've had, she never thought of this one. instead of yelling at her or telling her about how bad draco adn his family were, he wrapped his arms around her. "i'm so sorry. i love you like a sister and i always will. i never pretended to like you, i don't know why i was so mean but i'm sorry. can we still be friends?" thana listened to him as a tear fell down her cheek. "it's okay, i've been a bad sister too. and i love you too and of course we can still be friends. i would love that."

after a bit more of talking and joking about Harry's aunt and uncle, draco came back, holding her bags in his hand as he glared at harry. "time to go," he simply said, handing her her coat as she hugged harry goodbye.

AUTHORSNOTE

MOVIE 3 IS DONE ABJHCDJCHBHBHIP

im so excited to start movie 4 and

to see thana now that she's like kinda

alone??? idk but its gonna be good i hope!

thank you sm for 23k reads and for reading this shitty

story! school is starting soon tho

so i won't have a lot of time to write.

which is why i'll try to write some chapters before

school starts so i can make an uploading schedule!