➵ | twenty-one, twin instinct

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE.

twin instinct.

THE DAYS AFTER the snowfight incident thana didn't spend as much time with harry ron and hermione, 'the golden trio', as she used to.

instead, she was with draco, sitting on the roof. thana sighed and stared up at the sky, lost in her own thoughts. while trying to get on the roof, thana had slipped and nearly fallen down, if it wasn't for draco. he had put his hand on her hip and helped her up. the hero himself didn't seem to think about it much but thana couldn't stop thinking about the feeling she got when his hand touched her hip.

they had been friends for a long time, three years, but thana started to see things differently, feel things differently and to say she was confused was an understatement.

"what's wrong?" draco turned his head to look at the brown-haired girl next to him, who didn't take her eyes off the sky while answering. "nothing." she immediately said. "well actually," she started and sat up straight, "you're my best friend right?" she asked the blonde, looking in his blue-ish eyes.

draco nodded, although hearing her call him best friend hurt him more than it was supposed to. he had been thinkinh about what his mother had said a lot the past few days, he had even send her a letter.

dear mother,
don't worry, everything is going great here at hogwarts, sure potter is still a pain in the ass- harry i mean, not thana. but that is exactly what made me write this letter. thana. i remember the things you told me. certain feelings? i'm not sure if thana gives me those feelings but whenever she's with blaise or ome of her other friends, i feel jealous. now i know you think it's s good idea to tell her this but i was actually planning on asking her to stay with us during the next break, please don't tell her this. also, could this just stay between us? i don't think father would react the way i want him to. i may not be sure of my feelings towards thana but i know she's my best friend and i don't want to lose that.

sincerely,

draco malfoy

his mother had replied quickly, telling him it would be their secret and that thana was more than welcome to visit them whenever she wanted.

"well, i don't know. things have been going well lately, almost too well. anyway nevermind, how did it end with buck beak?" she asked, referring to the threats draco had been throwing at hagrid.

"sentenced with dead." the boy proudly said, forgetting that thana wasn't completely like him for a moment. "think that's funny?" she asked, standing up. "no i didn't me-" he started but the girl had already walked away. "unbelievable." she muttered while climbing down again. if she had any romantic feelings for him she was sure they were all gone now. "disgusting." she mumbled.

that night, she couldn't sleep. maybe walking around would help? she thought while getting up and slowly leaving the girls dorms and the slytherin common room. while wandering around the hallways she saw a vague light in the distance. knowing it was another student she slowly approached the light. "harry?" she whispered, making her brothers head turn.

"thana! wh- why are you here?" harry asked, truly confused, was there something wronh? "couldn't sleep. the better question is, why are you here? casually walking around with the map you're not supposed to have and a light. not your smartest move har." she said, gesturing towards the stuff he was holding. harry didn't feel like explaining. "long story. did you hear about buck beak?" he asked, trying to change the subject.

luckily for him thana fell for it, "yes! unbelievable! when he told me i stormed away angrily. i'm with you guys on this one." she said and felt the anger bubble up again. "as you should, it's dis- snape!" harry said, interrupting himself. he closed the map and turned off his light.

shortly after he did that, another light popped up from behind them. "potters, why are you two wondering around the halls, at night?" harry opened his mouth to say something but thana knew that wouldn't end well. she softly kicked him and smiled apologetically at professor snape. "we're sorry sir, it's just, buck beak has been sentenced to death and well, he meant a lot to harry, and as his twin sister i just felt, i just felt like he was sad and couldn't sleep anyways so i decided to go look for him. again, our genuine apologies professor." she smiled again, innocently.

it was a good excuse, and if snape didn't know better he'd believe them. he pretended like he did though, he couldn't tell them that the whole twin instinct was bullshit. "turn out your pockets." snape said instead and thana sighed. well shit.

thana sighed again, deeply. harry fucked up. "are you out of your mind?" she whisper-yelled at him, rolling her eyes. lupin appeared and thana shook her head. she was not ready to be dragged into this drama. "excuse me professor, i understand that you all need to talk so would it be okay if i went back to my dorm? sorry harry, you understand right? we would've gotten out of here if you'd keep your mouth shut." she whispered the last part, only to harry. "fine, just don't do it again, understood?" snape asked and thana nodded.

she went straight back to her dorm and sighed deeply while doing so. the second her head fell on her pillow her eyes closed and she fell asleep. finally.

AUTHORSNOTE.
omg im so sorry for not
updating for so long. i've been
roleplaying on insta a lot and
simply didn't know what to write
this is trash but i wanted to update.

AND

thank you so much for 3k reads on
this story! it means a lot to me.
my insta accounts are:

gazebos.vsp [ edit account ]
goldnstxrs [ rp account ]
cloudlxsss [ second rp account ]
rosxgoldn [ rp account for the rps that i host ]

- marissa