➵ | six, christmas !

CHAPTER FIVE.

christmas.

HARRY AND RON were playing chess, but as thana walked in and sat down next to ron, sending glares to her brother, she saw this wasn't just a normal game of chess. the pieces seemed to be alive and knocked eachother angrily off the bord. the great hall was almost empty, everyone went home this christmas. "knight to e-five," harry said, ignoring the glares his sister send him.

"queen to e-five," ron said, smiling proudly as the piece picked up her stair and knocked harry's piece off the bord. "that's totally barbaric!" hermione, who stood next to harry, gasped. "that's wizard chess." ron stated, looking up at the girl, "i see you've packed?"

"i see you haven't," hermione stated. "change of plans, my parents decided to go to romenia to visit my brother charlie, he's studying dragons there." hermione smiled a little, "good, you can help harry then, he's going to go and look in the library for information on nicholas flamel."

"jeez harry, i know you hate slytherin but that doesn't mean you can just ignore me for weeks and hide things as big as this for me!" thana said, looking truly hurt. "well sorry that your bully boyfriend isn't here to keep you company during christmas, but you're not invited to help us." harry said, now looking at his sister.

"he's not my boyfriend! i've been avoiding him because of how rude he was to you guys but he keeps talking to me, how is that my fault? and fine i don't know who flamel is and i don't want to know anymore, but can we please just be nice to each other? it's christmas and you're my brother, harry." the boy nodded and got up to hug his sister, it felt weird but thana decided that this was just because they were in different houses, they've had little sibling fights before. hermione said goodbye and wished them a merry christmas, all three of them wished her a merry christmas as well and the boys continued to play their game as thana left to go and read a book.

•••

the next morning, thana woke up and got ready to go and have breakfast . "thana! look! you have a present!" ron said as he ran towards her. "who's it from?" she asked, both her and harry had never gotten a present. her brother sat down next to her, wearing a big sweater with the letter H on it, ron was wearing a matching one but with a R in the middle. she opened the present and stared at her own sweater, marked with the letter T. "my mom made them," ron said. "tell her i said thanks!" she smiled widely, it meant a lot to her. she proudly put it on and followed the boys to breakfast.

the two boys decided not to tell her about harry's other gift, the cloak. they were afraid she might tell her other friends about it and they weren't sure how they would react. thana's owl, a black one named mikaia, dropped a letter for her. "mail? i never get mail!" she said while opening the envelope, this day seemed to be getting better with every second that passed.

' thana potter,
as i'm writing this, blaise zabini and theodore nott are screaming things i have to write down. theodore nott is a family friend of both mine and blaise's families, you may have seen him in the common room or at the table, perhaps even in class. he wants me to say, and i quote, "tell her i said hi! and that i'd love to be her friend when school starts again, oh and wish her a happy christmas!"

blaise is now very annoyed because theo's message was written down before his, so i quote again, "hi, merry christmas and i hope to see you soon! oh and that your brother stops being an asshole to you."

i just wanted to say merry christmas, and since we're in the same house and hang out a lot i decided it would be a good idea to write you a letter. write us back, or tell us all about the dumb things your brother and that weasel did while we were gone after the break.

sincerely,

draco malfoy, son of lucius malfoy, important wizard.

thana chuckled and looked up, "what?" she asked the two boys who were staring at her. "they wished me a happy christmas, that's all." they nodded and said goodbye, ready to go on that dumb mission of theirs.

thana put the letter back in her pocket, theodore seemed like a fun person and it was very nice of blaise to wish her a happy christmas but she wasn't sure what draco's intentions were. 'we hang out a lot'? it wasn't voluntarily from her side but they did spend time together, more than she wished to anyways. but she decided not to overthink it and just appreciate the gesture. she'd thank them in person when they'd get back.

( AUTHORSNOTE,
i know i skip a lot of parts
but i want to focus on thana's
story, not harry's. that's why
he's gonns defeat mr. noseless
alone and shit like that.
the next chapter will be after
the break and thana will be meeting
theo and that's also the detention
chapter so it all goes by really fast
but i still hope you like the story!
please comment and vote and blah
yk what i mean,
thanks for reading <3 )

okay yeppp edited again this isn't awesome sorry guys but hey!!!! if ur a new reader hi i love you. if ur a rereader hi i love you. basically to anyone who is reading this hi i love you! i hope you have a great day, don't forget that you're worth it <3