➵ | nineteen, a game

CHAPTER NINETEEN.

a game.

"AGAIN? SERIOUSLY ANOTHER game?" thana sighed and looked at her friends. it was a rainy day, a rainy saturday. the four kids had been hanging out all day and got bored, until theo came up with another game. "fuck, marry, kill." thana scrunched her nose, "fuck is to have sex." theo immediately explained.

"so, thana, fuck marry kill, bloomings or weasley or longbottom." thana thought for a moment before answering. "marry trevor, fuck weasley, kill longbottom."

"my turn, blaise, fuck marry kill, hermione or pansy or me?" thana said. "marry you, fuck pansy and kill granger."

"theo, fuck marry kill, thana or pansy or astoria?" theo immediately answered, "marry astoria, fuck thana and kill pansy."

"draco, fuck marry kill, thana," thana whispered a name in theo's ear, making him smirk and nod, "hailey and pansy." draco scoffed. "marry thana, fuck steffield, kill parkinson." thana smirked at him. "thana, fuck marry kill, me, blaise and bloomings."

theo tried to look hurt because he wasn't on the list, but stopped quickly because he wanted to hear what thana had to say.

"marry you, fuck blaise and kill trevor but don't tell him." the boys chuckled and theo looked amused when both draco and blaise started blushing. "do you, thana, wait what's your middle name?" thana laughed, "probably my mother's name, but i'm not sure." theo nodded, "thana, no official middle name, potter, do you take draco lucius malfoy to your-" "oh stop it theo."

that next monday, when school had started again they had their first DADA class given by the new teacher. a big closet. that was it. thana scrunched her nose and looked around. luckily for her, nobody else seemed to get it. the closet kept on shaking. "riddikulus!" everyone said, but draco just rolled his eyes. "this class is ridiculous." crabbe and goyle nodded, theo chuckled and thana snorted. "sorry,"she mumbled. neville got called to the front. the closet opened and snape stepped out, as dramatic as always. "riddikulus!" neville said. everybody laughed when snape was suddenly in neville's grandma's clothes. "everyone form a line!"

draco, theo, crabbe and goyle started pushing people to the front of the line. "thought you couldn't use that arm without dying?" thana asked after draco pushed a smaller boy with his bad arm. because of that, draco pushed her to the front, making her third in line. she took a deep breath and watched ron's spider turn into a mirror. "is it broken?" she asked but the professor shook his head. she looked in the mirror, staring into her own eyes.

"remember me?"

the voice said, but this time it came from the mirror. "riddikulus!" the mirror turned into a disorting mirror and she chuckled softly when she saw her misshaped reflection. when it was harry's turn, it turned into a dementor. the professor jumped infront of harry, making it turn into a full moon.

"have fun!" thana waved draco, blaise, theo and elizabeth goodbye. she turned to see harry say goodbye to hermione and ron. "let's go inside." harry nodded and followed his sister inside. they spent the rest of the day just talking, harry telling thana gryffindor stories, thana telling harry slytherin stories.

the next day, when theo and thana were on their way to the slytherin common room, they heard the panicked voices. "everybody to the great hall." dumbledore had said. they hurried to the slytherin common room and picked up draco and blaise.

thana couldn't sleep. everybody else didn't seem to have a problem with that, they were all asleep. snape and filch walked into the great hall where everyone was sleeping on the floor. on thana's right, draco stared at the ceiling. on her left, theo was snoring. "draco?" she asked, but he made a shh sound and they both listened to what they were saying. "i've searched the Astronomy Tower and the Owlery. there's nothing there." dumbledore thanked him.  the two men told him where they had searched. it all seemed quite boring to thana and she wanted to talk to draco again when something caught her attention.

"what about the potter twins, should we warn them?" snape asked. both him and dumbledore were looking at her brother so she turned her head and gasped in suprise when she saw draco had already turned his head towards her and they were now very close.

"perhaps, but for now, let them sleep. for in dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own. let them swim in the deepest ocean or glide over the highest cloud."

thana waited a minute and opened her eyes again when the adults had left or fallen asleep. "draco," she shook his shoulder. "did you hear that?" draco nodded. he wasn't actually asleep. "don't worry, you're safe here." he smiled softly at her, something that didn't happen very often, and watched her as she slowly closed her eyes, closing his right after.

( AUTHORSNOTE
sirius black is gonna spill the tea )

.