Chapter 5

Leya's POV:

My eyes snapped open as I jerked up in a cold sweat, panting. Glancing at my clock and seeing it was only 6. Am, I groaned and leaned back in my bed. I tossed, and turned, but I couldn't relax anymore. That nightmare had really messed me up.

Sighing, irritated, I got out of bed and quietly, so as not to wake up my Aunt, crept to the bathroom to take a shower.

After I was done cleansing myself, I dried my hair rigorously, and chose some new clothes to wear. I noticed that pretty much everyone in my class where's the same thing every day. Do they just have lots of pairs of the same outfits? Weird. Anyway, I chose a baby pink crop top and some dark blue jeans. Then, applying my contacts, I took out my history book, and finished up some of my homework. At 7:30, I wrote a note to Aunt Pat saying I had left and was going to go to the café near school for breakfast, and left it on her bedside table before slipping out.

Nino's POV:

"Thanks, dude," I thanked the guy working at the counter as he handed Alya and I some drinks, and I traded them with some money. We went to sit down on a circular table near the window.

"Which do you prefer, Mari's croissants or theirs?" I asked Alya, raising an eyebrow.

"We both know Mari's can't be beat." She responded, smiling. I looked out the window, at the bright day. I heard the ring of the door's bell as someone else entered the nearly deserted shop, with no one there at this hour. The figure walked up to the counter and started talking to the guy there.

"So...what do you think of Leya?" Alya interrupted my thoughts.

"She's pretty chill." I shrugged, taking another sip of my hot chocolate. She nodded her head, before looking behind me.

"Is that her?" She asked, squinting her eyes. She was looking at the girl I had seen entering.

"Nah. Leya wears glasses," I brushed off the thought. She started frantically texting on her phone, as the girl walked out again with a cinnamon bun and a hot drink.

Leya's POV:

I found my way to the park next to the school, since I still had a while before class started, I sipped at my coffee while looking at the greenery around me. There was hardly anyone in the park, just a man in the distance near the carousel, and some people setting up balloon stalls and stuff like that, preparing for the sure crowd of little kids that would appear later. Now, there was just pure stillness.

Adrien's POV:

I waved goodbye to Natalie and my bodyguard as I stepped out of the car in front of the school gates. Lots of students were already inside, mingling around, waiting for the bell to ring. I spotted Nino talking to Alya and Marinette in a corner, so I headed over to them.

"Hey, guys!" I smiled at them. Nino and Alya replied, "Hi, Adrien," While Marinette's face turned pink and she just stuttered. I just brushed it off as her being shy, though. She was always like that.

"So, I texted Leya in the shop, but she hasn't responded yet." She continued with their conversation.

"What about Leya?" I asked her, and she turned to me and retold the story.

"Well, let's just wait for her to come in, then." I resolved. No sooner than I said that, a girl jogged up to us in a crop top and jeans, and gushed,

"Alya, I have the best idea for the music for Juleka's birthday!" She was rocking on her heels in excitement.

"...Leya?" Nino asked, looking her up and down.

"...hey, Nino, what's up?" Her face changed to concern.

"You're not wearing your glasses. You look..."

"Do I look bad? I-I just felt like wearing contacts today." Her concerned face changed to worry. I interrupted.

"No! You look really good without glasses," I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly, "and with them," I added. A light blush dusted across her cheeks.

"Thanks, Adrien."

"I don't think we've ever seen you not wearing them," Alya interjected. "We almost didn't recognise you!"

"Well, I mean, I do like not having an object on my face the whole day," She shrugged. "Anyway! As I said, Juleka's party, brainwave!" The bell's rings suddenly echoed through the courtyard. "Damn it," She mumbled.

"Let's talk about it after class Alya suggested as we all walked to homeroom." Leya nodded in agreement. My heart fluttered slightly as she smiled...what was happening?