Chapter 15 1/2

Cupida's POV:
Aah, how good it was to make people fear me. But, on to business. Getting to my feet on the top of the Eiffel, I put my heart sticks on my quiver and jumped to the floor, slamming to the concrete on one knee. Walking around the streets of Paris, laughing to the sound of shrieks, I put a hand to my mouth and called,
"Oh, Adrien! Where are you?!"
Jumping high onto a building's roof, I scanned my near landscape, and spotted a familiar mop of blonde and a white shirt, running like the rest of everyone. Grinning maniacally, I travelled faster on the roofs and watched in amusement as Adrien ducked into an alleyway, out of sight, and Cat Noir emerged.
"So, he's Cat Noir, huh." I chuckled as the superhero used his stick to get to the roof opposite me. "The heartbreaker. It makes so much sense now."
Wordlessly, I unblocked my mental wall, and let Hawkmoth in to see what I could. Cat Noir was brandishing his stick back and forth, running at me.
"I've bagged the cat."

"Marvellous!" Hawkmoth's deep voice came back to me, as I stepped to the side and dodged Cat Noir's weak attempt at an assault. Raising an eyebrow, I reached back and whipped out my sticks, jabbing and blocking with the sharp edges.
"So, what brings you to this part of town?" Cat Noir panted as we continued moving.
"Just thought I'd drop in and conquer Paris for a bit."
"Well, looks like you'll be out of here pretty soon, Queen of Hearts."
"It's Cupida."

We flipped and jumped to avoid attacks like some weird dance, before I got bored, and threw one of sticks at her. It caught Cat Noir by the tail, and he was hurled backwards, struggling against the chimney at his back.
Chuckling, I approached him, twirling my other stick in my hands.
"Lights out, kitty."
Reaching behind himself, Cat Noir unbuckled his belt, and frowning, I started towards him, but he was gone by the time I got there, his tail flying in the breeze.
"Dammit!"
Pursing my lips, the cogs turned in my brain until I thought of a truly great plan. My smile growing ever wider, I unpinned his tail, wrapping it around my hand. He'd be back before he even knew it.

And I'd have the miraculous.