Chapter 17

Leya's POV:
Swinging from house to house, I followed the sound of cackling and found myself witnessing a mob. A mob of... people? Looks like zombizou's got a twin.
Curling up onto the roof, I jumped to the next one with unnatural power, and took my yo-yo out, twirling it in a tight circle as the people's attention turned to me.
"Ah, look who's arrived. So, where's the real ladybug? Too scared of me?" Cupida's voice came from behind me as I turned,
"Like you need to know." Rolling me eyes, I heard more than saw Cat Noir jump to my side. We fist bumped as Cupida moved backwards, encircling us with more people. Every single one of them had angry snarls on their face, as they all jostled their way forward.
"Let's do this." I said, taking a stance and preparing for the first attack.
"Don't hurt anyone, okay? Only defence." Cat ordered, and I nodded as we took our sides and got to work.

A few minutes later, there were bodies everywhere. Looking up, Cupida was sitting on the Eiffel Tower, swinging her legs gleefully as more people came, advancing towards us. Sweat beaded on my face as I panted, realising Cat Noir was in the same state as I was. It was like she had an unlimited army - there was no way we could keep this up.

Gulping, I gave small throws of my yo-yo to myself, contemplating if it was the right time. Glancing towards Cat and deciding it's as now or never, I threw the yo-yo in the air, yelling,
"Lucky Charm!"
Stunned, I caught the object that was dropping down to me, looking at it in confusion,
"A box of chocolates?"

"Ooh, is valentine's coming early this year?" Cat chirped, and I gave him a 'really?' Look, before surveying my surroundings.
An army of people were running towards us, about to pass under the Eiffel, while Cupida, on the peak of the tower was laughing maniacally. An idea wormed its way into my head, and I told Cat I was going to need his cataclysm. After he nodded, understanding, I opened the box of chocolates, popped one in my mouth, then wound up my arm and hurled the chocolates below the Eiffel. Immediately, the mob stopped, and turned their direction to the box, as they all ran for it, shouting and fighting. Giving the signal, Cat Noir summoned his cataclysm, and lunged at the tower, his hand touching the right leg. Instantly, the landmark crumbled into black dust, and Cupida, caught by surprise, fell through the air screaming.

Launching my yo-yo, I managed to wind her wrists together, and pulled her towards me. Landing in a heap on the floor, I tugged both sticks from her hands and snapped them across my knee. A small black butterfly flew out of the right one, and I threw my yo-yo at it, catching it within the compartment. Opening it again, a beautiful white butterfly elegantly drifted out, and disappeared in the air. Cupida became enveloped in a black goo, and turned back into Marinette. I told Cat Noir I was gonna go, and I'd make sure to get ladybug's Kwami back to her, and he bid me farewell as he helped a confused looking Marinette to her feet.

"Yeah, I'm definitely not doing that again Tikki." I chuckled, taking off the earrings in my bedroom. Tikki squeaked,
"You were amazing Leya, really great for a first time!"
She took the earrings from me, and I said,
"You'll make sure to get back to ladybug right?"
"Of course! Next time Paris needs her, she'll be there."

I watched Tikki fly away, then turned my attention to my phone when it buzzed. Picking it up, I went to messages, and saw a text from Luka, asking if I was okay, and if I wanted to come over.
Smiling, I texted that I was on my way, and grabbed my rucksack as I left my apartment.

Mari's POV:
"Tikki! Thank goodness you're back!" I exclaimed, as I took the earrings from her small hands (paws?) and quickly fastened them.
"Marinette, it's okay if sometimes you don't feel okay, but that's not an excuse to- are you in rush or something Marinette?"
"Yeah, sorry, Leya kinda forgot to turn everything back to normal. The Eiffel Tower is still gone!"
Transforming, I called on my lucky charm, then threw it again, reverting all the damage caused by my attack.
Quickly de-transforming, I resumed talking with Tikki while giving her a macaroon from my purse,

"Tikki, you have no idea how bad I feel. I never should've let my emotions get in the way of Paris' safety, and because of what I did I became the biggest threat! It's never gonna happen again I promise."
Tikki opened her mouth to respond, but she was again interrupted, this time by my doorbell. Looking at her apologetically, I went downstairs to the bakery door, and opened it, stunned to see the person standing in front of me.
"Adrien?"