Chapter 13

April 11 2010

"This next group rose to fame after their first video on YouTube called Baby Please. They are cool, hip and so young this might be past their bed time. Please welcome The Motion!" They heard Alan announce. Excited looks were exchanged and they walked out one by one. They all hugged Alan and went to sit down.

"Okay so tell me your names and what you do in the band."

"I'm Riley and I'm the lead singer."

"I'm Bailey and I play the guitar."

"My name is Seth and I too play the guitar."

"I'm Harley and my instrument is the drums."

"Alright so Riley, Bailey, Seth and Harley. Can I get you anything to drink, we've got Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Capri Sun, Lilt?" Since they were all complete fangirls who had seen every episode of Alan Carr's show, they knew he gave his under age guests a Capri Sun or a Pepsi, or something not alcoholic.

"Pepsi please?" Riley asked.

"I'll have the same please." Seth said.

"Me too." Said Bailey.

"Make that four please." Harley finished. Alan gave them all a can. The audience had no idea who they were; but that was to be expected.

"So how did you all meet because you lot are like the mystery band aren't you?" Alan asked. They all laughed, half confused and half amused.

"We met at school. First day of year seven, we were in the same class. We did a bunch if talent shows together and won a lot of them so we thought why not keep on doing it, not just when there was a talent show." Riley explained.

"We're a mystery band?" Seth asked, confused by the comment.

"Yeah like you lot haven't been on YouTube that long and now your on national television." Alan told them his thoughts. He was right though. They hadn't actually been in the public for that long, at all.

"We didn't intend for this to happen quickly. We just did our thing and this is where it got us. Sitting with the Chatty Man himself on national telly." Bailey laughed and the audience cheered a bit.

"So tell me, how do you write all your songs. I've listened to 'em and they're brilliant. How do you do it?"

"Listen to a lot of music. Michael Jackson, Elvis, The Beatles. A lot of old music. Music with clever lyrics and great sound." Harley explained with a proud smile, since he wrote a lot of their songs.

"You're the drummer, aren't you? What do the comments say about you, because in some bands, the drummer gets neglected."

"Um, people comment a lot on my hair, but I'm fine with it you know. If I see a bad comment I just say 'without me, there wouldn't be a proper sound.'. So I stay optimistic about it." Uncomfortably, Harley answered. Deep down he knew that the neglecting thing was the truth.

"So that is all we have time for today with The Motion, if you'd all like to take the stage and get set up. It was great meeting you all." They went over to the other stage and set up as the host told the audience about what was coming up.

"But first, The Motion!" The crowd cheered and they began singing.

It was a good night, but what would happen tomorrow?