Chapter 3

March 29 2010

Seth's fingers hovered over the keypad. On one hand, he was betraying his friends but on the other hand he was my doing what he wanted. No, he couldn't do it. Seth stood up and shut the lid of his laptop. This could change things for him and his friends. He didn't want to ruin his band. He sighed and laid on his bed trying not to think of the video anymore.

March 30 2010

It was Monday and The Motion were at work, getting on with their lives. None of them had spoken about the video to anyone and were all afraid to look to see what had happened on the channel. Were there comments? Did anyone subscribe? Were there likes?

Riley got home from work and logged onto the YouTube channel. She watched the video, cringing slightly at her voice but letting it go. They were just four sixteen year old kids, beginners. There were 22 views and two comments. One read whoever these kids are, they're making good music I want to hear more! And the other comment said this isn't music, it's torture. Get these weirdos off of here!

Riley looked at them, she was an optimist so she took no notice of the hate comment and focused on the nice comment. That night she went to bed with a smile on her face.

Seth looked at the channel that night as well. However he didn't trust himself to open up the comments box because he knew that he'd end up reading something he shouldn't. He watched videos of his favourite bands and began to understand why he didn't let himself delete The Motions video. Because they were destined to be just like those bands. Brilliant.