Chapter 11

April 10 2010

Bailey walked out of the leisure centre where he worked with his bag slung around his shoulders and his t shirt covered in pool water from where little kids had splashed and it had hit him. Normally Bailey would listen to his music and walk home, not interupted by other people or phone calls. But today was different. His ringtone filled his ears and he took his earphones out and took the call.

"Hello is this Mr Bailey Collins?" Asked the person on the other side.

"Er yes it is, may I ask who you are?" Creeped out, intruigued and worried, Bailey tried to sound proffessional like he had done in job interviews and when talking to the parents of the footballers he coached.

"I am Thomas Davidson, assistant to Alan Carr and I am calling to inform you that Alan would like you on his show tommorow to have an interview and perform a song." Thomas Davidson told Bailey.

"Can I call you back...Mr Davidson, I will get back to you by the end of the day. Thank you for calling sir." Bailey replied, trying to keep his voice from sounding excited.

"Thank you Mr Collins for picking up, please respond as soon as possible." Thomas hung up and Bailey rushed home to get changed and then cycled over to Seth's. They were all there, waiting expectantly for his excuse of the lessons being longer than expected.

"Um I got a call earlier." He looked at their scared faces, how did they know he wasn't quitting the band.

"Alan Carr wants us on his show!" He exclaimed.