XIII. TENDER

rose's (aka my) portrait    ^

WC: 2,007

"𝑂𝐾𝐴𝑌, 𝐿𝐸𝑇 𝑀𝐸 get this straight, 'cause honestly Bells you are the worst liar in history." I held my phone in the crook of my neck as I painted- trying to finish the portrait I had started a little while ago.

"I have absolutely no clue what you are talking about."

"You have spent all your time with Eddie and have barely talked to me for days. That can only mean one thing- you know."

"I- don't know what you mean by that."

"I smell bullshit, Isabella..", I singsonged into the speaker. "C'monn I need someone to vent to about all my feelings..someone of my species?"

"Okay fine- will you stop being an ass?" I straightend my back and grinned sarcastically.

"I'm goin' to ignore your insults, but only because you're my best friend."

"Ugh, okay yes..I know about all the..hiss hiss things."

"Oh my god- fuck this. Never say that again."

"We have vampire boyfriends what the fuck was I supposed to say?" 

The window beside me began to creak open. I had been caught red-handed and I panicked. 

"Bell-- ah the shkcdj. The- connections..breakin'..bye, now." I quickly turned around and leaned against the desk- my body hiding the portrait that resembled almost perfectly the vampire standing before me. "Mr. Hale, you do know how disrespectful it is to sneak up on a lady?" He gave me a puzzled look and chuckled.

"My apologies, Ma'am. I just couldn't help myself." I gave him a slap on the shoulder and turned my head to the side as he leaned in- pecking my cheek. "Rude.."

"Well, Mr. Hale-"

"What's this, Rose?" I turned my head to see him holding up the almost-finished portrait I have been working on.

"That, Hale, is private property." He held his arm out and wrapped me in a gentle, yet unbreakable grip as I tried to grasp the paper.

"It's my face. Besides, my girlfriend is an absolutely beautiful artist and I happen to enjoy viewing her work." He set the paper back down on the desk and wrapped his other arm around me pulling my back to his chest.

"You caught that?" He let out a chuckle and I could practically hear his smirk.

"I catch everything, Miss Rose." I shivered when his cool lips grazed my ear. "Besides, I quite like the sound of it- very..contemporary."

"Well Jasper- If I didn't know any better I would think you were askin' to court me?" He set his chin on my head and rubbed my arms.

"If I was?" I turned over in his arms, hands on his chest.

"Oh Jass, you're gonna' have to do a lot better that that." He looked to the ceiling and let out a hearty laugh.

"Rosemary Mulligan-"

"I'm listenin'.." He shot me a playful glare before continuing.

"Would you do me the honor of becomin' my girlfriend." I put on a face of mock-thought before leaning in and pecking his lips.

"I am damn happy to oblige, Mr. Whitlock." I connected our lips again, tangle my hands in his hair. He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist as he carried me over to my bed. He pulled away and layed me down, sliding in next to me.