Saving The Grangers

Hermione woke up the next morning around 5am. She got up and headed to the bathroom. Quickly, she put her hair in a bun and with a wave of her wand, her pyjamas turned into a pair of sweatpants and a matching jumper. She left the bathroom, not realizing that their bed was empty, and grabbed a bag. She put an extra set of clothes,along with an emergency kit. She sighed and looked around the dark room. She remembered to get a few toys, to distract her sister if she was scared. After finally getting everything, she closed her bag, ready to go.

She left the room and sneaked down to the commen room but she was shocked to what she saw. Theo And Blaise were leaning against the wall,all dressed, while Draco, Harry and Ron were gathered around the coffee table, discussing something, Ginny, Luna and Astoria were there, but they were still in pyjamas. Pansy had just entered and placed a trey of food down on the table. "Why if it isn't Granger trying to sneak out?"Theo Said loudly, being the first to notice her. All her dorm mates looked up. "Seems like you know her better then we thought"Ginny said to Draco. "Why are you all up?"Hermione Asked. "Same reason your trying to sneak out"Draco Said. "I told you, I'm going alone"Hermione sighed. "Your lucky they're taking you, I'm pretty sure they were discussing that only the boys would go and they'll lock you in your room"Pansy Told Her. "You have to take me! I'm the one who knows their address"Hermione snapped. Draco raised his hand, showing the ring. "I know as well"he smirked. Hermione put her head in her hands. "How long have you all been awake?"She Asked. "At least 2 hours, you better eat before we go"Harry Said. Realizing that they wouldn't back down, she sat down and grabbed a croissant to eat.

At around 6, they left the commen room. Luna, Ginny, and Astoria decided to get more sleep, having been up all night. "Aren't we telling McGonagall?" Hermione asked, realizing they were heading towards the doors of hogwarts. "I told her yesterday. She told the Kingsley and he sent like 2 aurors to come with us"Draco said. They exited the school and met up with the two aurors. One was a Blonde female and the other was a brunette male. "Hermione, meet Brock Smith and Wendy Rocks" Harry introduced. "shall we go?"Brock asked. Hermione nodded. "She'll be leading"Harry told him. Brock nodded; clearly thinking Harry was gonna lead.

"Wands out, be ready for any attack" Hermione instructed. They all did as told. "The address is Sandy Bay Road 581"She said. "Make sure to apparate in a safe spot, no muggle should see us"She added. So they all apparated. The house was huge and beautiful. "Muggles built this?"Pansy muttered staring a the amazing home. "Apparently my father joined a famou business, they were able to buy a house that would fit our half our family tree"Hermione said. "Anyway, You guys keep guard"She added. "The only ones entering with me will be Harry and Ron. My parents don't know the rest of you, so you should stay out and keep guard"She instructed. The rest nodded.

Hermione walked toward the house carefully. Harry knocked on the door and they heard muttering inside. They saw the knob twist and it opened. A short little girl with Brown bushy hair stood there. She looked terrified. "Hello dear"Hermione smiled, crouching down to her level. "Where's mommy and daddy?"She asked.  The girl's lip shivered, and tears formed in her eyes. "Hermione, something's not right"Ron muttered. "DUCK!"Harry yelled, as a curse from the inside was fired. Hermione grabbed her sister, shielding her from the blast as the door frame exploded. Brock and Theo came to there aid and they fired curses in every direction till they heard a thud.

Hermione took out her wand and casted a spell over the house; it would remove all disguises along with invisibility cloaks and charms. They saw a death eater appear in the corner, having been the reason for the thud they heard. Hermione turned to the little girl. "Where's mommy and daddy? Come on, you can tell me"Hermione said. The girl muttered something. "Speak up"Harry said. "Mommy an' daddy gone"The girl whimpered. "Hermione think about it, they must have left her here to make it seem like they were ok"Ron said. "Who are you?"The girl asked. "I'm your big sister, and I'm going to help you find mum and dad"Hermione said. She picked up the girl and looked to the group. "I've called for back up, this is a kidnapping"Brock said. Hermione nodded. "You take the girl and go back Hermione. You, draco and Pansy. We'll stay here"Theo said. "why do I have to go!"Pansy asked. "Because you're gonna help her find out more, and it's too dangerous for you to be here"Ron said. "Well it's dangerous for you too!"Pansy snapped. "Stop it! I'll go with them, you people just find out what happened"Blaise said. "If you find anything, send a patronus, anything"Hermione said to Harry and Ron. The two nodded.

Apparating back to the dorm, they quickly went to the Malfoys room. "Why can't we do it in the commen room?"Blaise asked. "What if Mandie came in? I bet she's apart of this, and she'll tell Lucius about the girl and he might do something to her parents"Draco explained. "Sweetheart can you tell me your name? I know you can understand me, you look very smart"Hermione said, having placed the girl on the edge of the bed. "M- Melody"The girl muttered. "How can a 3 year old talk?"Blaise questioned. "You do realize wizarding babies are different then muggle babies right? You're a wizard"Draco shook his head. "So she's a witch too?"Blaise asked. "Maybe"Draco shrugged. "Can you shush"Hermione growled at them. "Melody, what happened? Can you tell me?" Hermione asked kindly. The girl was about to cry. "You don't have to, why don't you just relax ok? Everything will be alright"Hermione smiled.

An hour later, they managed to put Melody to sleep. "So what's the plan?"Draco asked Hermione, who was currently playing with the girl's hair. "I'll take the memory and ask McGonagall if I could use the Pensieve" Hermione said. "You're just gonna take it?"He asked. "It's easier to take a memory from a child since they're defenceless. Could you ask McGonagall for me? Please?"She asked. He nodded. "I'm sure she's willing to help"He said before getting up to leave. He left the room and Hermione smiled down at the girl. Her little sister was finally with her. All she had to do was find her parents.

Draco returned with the pensieve and set it down on the dresser. Hermione took out her wand, slowly preforming the spell. Getting the memory she needed, she poured it into the pensieve. She looked down at it, biting her lip as she thought. "What's wrong?"Draco Asked Her. "Nothing, lets get over this"She shook her head. Slowly she lowered her head into it and the memory began.

Melody was laughing and running around the house as her mother played with her. While playing,They Heard a knock on the door. "Wendell! Get the door"Monica Yelled. In Came in the Dad and he went to open the door. Suddenly, the door was knocked off its hinges. "Who are you!"Wendell Yelled. 3 death eaters stood in the door frame. One of them took out their wands and stunned him. "What did you do! Who are you" Monica cried, keeping Melody behind her. The same death eater stunned her,and she fell on her front as Melody began to cry. "Mommy!"She sobbed. "Shush child"One of the death eaters snapped. The 3 stepped into the house. "Take them to Lucius"The tallest of the three Said. The two death eaters left with Wendell and Monica, leaving the 3 year old behind. "We'll keep you here shall we, with our favourite of the group, yea he loves children"The Man smirked, walking towards Melody. Putting a silencing charm on her, he locked her in one of the rooms and left. She was left alone for hours, crying silently.

The memory Came to an end and they were back in the bedroom. "We should save this memory as evidence"Draco Said. Hermione wiped away her tears. "We're leaving, Melody will stay with Ginny and Luna"Hermione Said. She was about to go fetch her sweater but Draco grabbed her wrist. "You're staying here with her, I'll go to Potter and see if they have more information. You aren't leaving Hogwarts"He told her. He apparated on the spot and Hermione broke down. "All this because of the Marriage Law"She whimpered.