Epilogue - Blood oath

Two years later...

After having established the new codependency agreement between humans and Nightlings, vampires, werewolves, and witches made their existences known to the public and began integrating themselves into human society. Although there was some doubt and worry at first, humans became more accepting as time passed.

Nightlings were allowed to attend school and join the workplace alongside humans. Vampires could receive blood donors, werewolves could work for the police force, and witches could practice magic and hold coven gatherings more publicly. Moreover, Nightlings began working for the Hunter organization to enforce the laws of peace.

Since then, it marked the birth of a new era of peace and hope, where Nightlings no longer had to hide who they were.

...

"Yuri!" Yena called her friend's name as she and Yujin ran towards the train station.

Yuri turned around, smiling as Yena wrapped her arms tightly around her neck.

"Sorry we're late! Yujin wanted to go for a morning jog before dance classes."

"Guilty," Yujin bowed her head, the other two girls chuckling.

"Don't worry, I just got here."

"Man, this is so exciting. You're really going to magic school!" Yena exclaimed, holding Yuri's shoulders. "How do you feel? Still nervous?"

"A little... But, I'm actually really excited! I've been thinking more about my classes and what I want to do, so it has me pretty excited."

"You're gonna do great, I just know it!"

"Yeah, you got this, Yuri!" Yujin cheered, hugging the girl.

"Thanks, you two... I'm gonna miss talking to you like this."

"Yuri..."

"Hey, you better keep in touch even while you're at school, alright? Write often, too! I wanna hear everything about magic school!" Yena said.

"Alright, I will," Yuri smiled. "I'll contact you as soon as I arrive there."

They then heard an announcement echoing across the station.

"The train to Moonlight Academy is now boarding. All new and returning students please enter the gates and board the train now."

"That's my cue."

Yena and Yuri hugged one last time.

"Good luck," Yena whispered.

Yuri smiled as she parted from the hug. She started to walk away, but then stopped, looking at her friend. She looked down, blushing a bit as she pursed her lips. Then, in one swift motion, she leaned forward and gave Yena a quick peck on the cheek.

Yena's eyes widened, her cheeks turning rosy pink as she smiled.

"Alright. Bye!" Yuri smiled widely, waving her hand as she walked off, heading to board the train.

"Bye Yuri~" Yujin waved as the girl left. Yena did the same, still smiling to herself as she held her cheek. Yujin looked at her and grinned, "Ooh~ your whole face is turning tomato red, Yena~"

"Oh, shut up!" Yena pushed her playfully, but she couldn't deny how elated she was feeling.

...

Eunbi and Hyewon walked into the control room where their commander was waiting for them. She turned back and grinned when she saw the two come in, the hunters saluting her as she approached.