In the shadows

"So it's true then..." A young woman said lowly.

"Yes. The vampire known as the 'Princess of Roses' has survived. And she's somewhere in this city."

"What should I do?"

"As long as she doesn't cause any harm to the populous, she may be allowed to stay," the commander responded. "However, we must monitor her behavior regularly. After all, we live in a time now where Nightlings can peacefully coexist with us as long as they obey our laws and keep their true nature a secret to the public."

"Yes, ma'am."

"We shall keep a close eye on her. For now, just continue to do your job and wait for our word to make the next move, if necessary."

"Understood." The Hunter saluted to her commander and left.

...

The next day...

Chaeyeon had another appointment with Kwon Eunbi, just a checkup to check on her progress with her sleep.

Much to her delight, Chaeyeon had slept very well last night. Maybe it was because she got some closure with Sakura and Nako, apologizing to them, as well as with her mom, finding out that she was a witch.

Of course, she couldn't tell Eunbi the "vampire" or "witch" or "shadow demon" parts, but the young psychiatrist was happy to see Chaeyeon's mood had improved after a good night's sleep.

After their meeting was done, Chaeyeon met up with Nako and Sakura at the mansion to help them look for a way to track down their missing companions.

"Here," Sakura laid out a book and pointed to what looked like a recipe written on the page.

"What is this?"

"Oh it's a tracking spell!"

"If we can conjure this potion, we might be able to find their location. But we need the necessary ingredients."

"So conjuring spells is sort of like cooking?" Chaeyeon asked.

"Right!"

"If you don't mind, Chaeyeon, there's a few items we'll need you to go and find for us."

"Eh? Why me?"

"Me and onee-chan are going to find some items that can't be found in regular grocery stores. They're very particular items for conjuring potions."

"And since this mansion does have a reputation of being 'haunted', we wouldn't want to raise too much suspicion. Especially since no one around here knows who we are."

"I see... Leave it to me, then!"

Sakura wrote down a list of what she needed and handed it to Chaeyeon.

"Retrieve these items and bring them back here."

Chaeyeon read down the list, seeing salt, a couple of different spices, and a few herbs.

"We've been needing to re-stock for the past 18 years, anyway," Nako said with a shy chuckle. "Oh! While you're out, can you also get some chocolate?"

"Huh? Is it for the spell?"

"No. It's for me."

Chaeyeon smiled. "Okay, I'll get you some chocolate, too."

"Yatta!"

...

Since it was Sunday, Yena wanted to spend the day out with Yuri.

Even though Yuri had advised her to focus on homework and studying for the test, Yena insisted that a day out would be able to clear her head so she could study better.