Now I Understand

For those of you who don't know, the image of the bird above, is Della Dodo. She was introduced in the second half of the second season where they introduced Dodos. She is relevant to this story. Enjoy. XD

Also, keep in mind, like the rest of my stories, the cadets/characters are a little older than they are in the show.

--

"Hey, Swift? Can I talk to you for a moment... in private?" Brody asked.

"Sure, Brody." Swift replied. 

Somewhere private....

"Ok. So what's up, Brody?" Swift asked.

"Um... do you remember what you told me when we were trying to help Speedy with a way to propose to Bea?" Brody asked.

Swift looks up in thought. "I told you a lot of things during that time. So what exactly are you talking about?" he asked.

"Ok. When I said I don't understand why he'd be nervous and you explained to me what it feels like." Brody explained.

"Oh! Yea, I remember." Swift replied.

"Well... I think I finally understand what you meant." Brody stated.

"Oh? Has someone finally caught your eye?" Swift asked with a smile.

Brody gulped and nodded.

"Who? Oh wait... Can I make a guess?" Swift asked.

"Um... sure...?" Brody unsurely replied.

"Is it Della?" Swift knowingly asked.

Brody gave a nervous laugh. "Was it obvious?"

"Not exactly. Penny might have mentioned something to me." Swift admitted.

Brody gave an exasperated sigh. "Of course she did. Nothing gets passed Penny."

Swift chuckled. "That's for sure."

"So... what do I do?" Brody asked.

"Let her know how you feel about her." Swift replied. "I know that's easier said than done, so you don't have to do it right away. Just do it once you've built up the courage to tell her."

"Right. But... what if she doesn't return my feelings?" Brody asked.

"That's why you have to prepare yourself. You have to mentally prepare yourself to expect the worse and hope for the best, instead of only hoping for the best. If she doesn't return your feelings, let her know it's ok and that you still want to be friends." Swift advised.

"I see. Is... is that how you approached Penny?" Brody asked.

Swift nodded. "I told her I'd understand if she didn't feel the same way towards me, as long as it doesn't affect our friendship. I also approached her with low expectations. I was ready to hear her reject me. But when she didn't, I got this really happy feeling all over me. Being with Penny is the best thing to ever happen to me. I get this warm, comforting feeling all over whenever I'm around her."

"Woah. That's... that's how I feel when I'm around Della." Brody admitted.

Swift smiled. "Brody, my friend, you definitely have fallen for her."

"Yea... Yea, I have." Brody replied as he looked down in thought. He then looked back up at Swift with a determined look and took a deep breath. "Alright. I'll tell her!" he exclaimed.

"Wait. You're gonna tell her now?!" Swift asked.

"Yea... While I still have the courage to do so after our talk. You really helped me out, Swift." Brody told the bluejay.

"Glad I could help." Swift replied. "As long as you feel you're ready... Go for it! Let me know how it goes, ok?"

Brody nodded before flying off to Ker-splash Canyon.

"It was about time Brody found someone." Swift thought as he watched his friend fly away. "I really felt bad for him being the only single person on the team. I mean, Penny and I have each other, Rod has Betty, and Speedy and Bea have each other. I really hope she gives him a chance. Good luck, Bro."

--

Hope you guys liked it. By the way, the 'Bro' was short for 'Brody' in case you didn't catch it. 

So now I finally have a character I can pair up with Brody. It was about time I got a chance to write a story focusing around him.

Here's an image of Della's height compared to the cadets.

Although there are some scenes where she is quite small compared to the cadets, most scenes have her around Penny or Brody's height