Weird Feeling

Wow. You guys are really enjoying these. Maybe I should just do these instead of the chapter stories. 
JK. No worries, I'm still working on them.  Enjoy this one guys.

--- 

"Hey, Speedy? Can I talk to you for a moment?" Swift asked.

"Sure thing, Swift. Just give me a sec." Speedy replied as he finished up what he was doing on his tablet. "And... done! Ok, what is it you want to talk about?" he asked Swift.

"Um... I was hoping you'd be able to help me understand something." Swift replied, somewhat nervous.

"O...k...? Does it have to do with your training?" Speedy asked.

"Uh, no. It's just... well... you're an adult bird, and... I'm sure whatever I'll be going through, you've already gone through or have experienced it, right?" Swift stated.

Speedy raised an eyebrow in curiosity. "I guess..."

"Well... lately, I've been feeling a bit... weird." Swift started.

"Weird? Weird how?" Speedy asked.

"Like... tingling nerves, tight chest, upset stomach weird." Swift replied.

"Oh boy. I think I know what's wrong with him." Speedy thought.

"I see. Do you get them randomly or during certain times?" Speedy asked.

"Um... now that I think about it, it only happens when I'm around Penny." Swift replied. "But... Penny's my best friend. Why would I feel that way around her all of a sudden?"

"Hm. You might want to do a quick search on that." Speedy told him, handing the tablet to him.

Swift looked at him confused. He was hoping Speedy had the answer to his problem, but he took the tablet nonetheless and did a quick search of why he was feeling the way he was feeling around his friend.

Swift gasped and eyes widened in shock at what he found. He set the tablet down and looked to Speedy wide-eyed. 

"I... I-I'm falling in love with her?!" Swift asked in disbelief. 

Speedy nodded.

"B-but but but... I can't fall in love with her! She's my best friend!" Swift exclaimed, still in disbelief.

"Just because someone is your best friend, it doesn't mean you can't fall in love with them." Speedy began to explain. "Romantic relationships between best friends tend to be the ones that last a lifetime. Simply because you already know their personality quite well, so there aren't many surprises or doubts between you."

"Well... yea, but we're two different birds," Swift tried making an excuse.

"Hmm, yea. That didn't stop me and Bea though." Speedy countered.

"Well, yea, but..." Swift couldn't think of anything.

"Think about it, Swift. But make your decision sooner than later." Speedy told him.

"Why sooner?" Swift asked.

"Because 'later' might be too late. In two years, Penny will became of courting age for penguins. She will have suitors coming after her. If you don't decide and act soon, you'll lose her." Speedy explained.

"Courting? I don't think so! That's not happening!" Swift said, becoming defensive.

"So you've made up your mind?" Speedy asked.

"I-" Swift became speechless as he realized what he had just said. "I... I really am falling in love with her." he defeatedly admitted, his head looking down at the floor.

"It's ok, Swift." Speedy said, putting a hand on Swift's shoulder in comfort and support. "Take your time, and tell her when you're ready. Just don't take too long."

Swift sighed and lowly replied. "Ok."

Unbeknownst to the two birds, said penguin had heard about half of their conversation, and was hidden in a corner of the hallway. Her cheeks were flushed and she had her hand over her chest, and a worried expression.

"Swift... Please, don't take too long." she thought, before leaving the hallway, unseen.

---

That's it for this one. Hope you guys liked it.